This is a forum for discussing General Aviation in Ireland

Moderator: mark

martins
Verified User
Verified User

looking for Shares/ private rental

Post by martins » Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:29 pm

Hi All,

anyone selling any shares in aircraft (group A) around Dublin area? Or perhaps renting their aircraft privately? Can be based anywhere an hours worth of driving distance away from Dublin, I'm a relatively low hour PPL'er with experience in Rallye 110. cessna 150/172 and PA 28, but I am current, safety focused etc. The goal for now is to do hour building but I wouldn't say no to accompany anyone on their overseas trips etc. even if I don't get to log all of the hours as PIC

Mark H
Verified User
Verified User

Re: looking for Shares/ private rental

Post by Mark H » Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:31 pm

Hi Martins,
I am part of a lively group that is taking new members. We fly a c172 out of Weston. You're welcome to join me for a flight in it if you wish on Sunday. Last year a group of us flew it to Spain and back I learned as much on that trip as I have in my flying lifetime. The rates are OK there is a small entry fee and a monthly payment then it is by the hour. Availability is good, I can show you the calendar if you like.
Mark

martins
Verified User
Verified User

Post by martins » Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:58 pm

thanks Mark for your kind offer, but it looks like I'll be getting my own plane, I've paid the deposit already, now all I have to do is wait for the weather to improve to get it over from UK. I though a lot about it and figured I will be looking to tour with it quite a lot, so hardly any group will be happy with the plane gone for days every time the wx is good

Mark H
Verified User
Verified User

Post by Mark H » Sat Jan 30, 2016 1:22 am

The nice thing about having your own aircraft is that you can get yourself to where the weather is fine. Mind you it can be handy to have an IR rating when it comes to Irish weather! Your next big hurdle will be to find the time for your adventures

Mark H
Verified User
Verified User

Post by Mark H » Sat Jan 30, 2016 1:22 am

The nice thing about having your own aircraft is that you can get yourself to where the weather is fine. Mind you it can be handy to have an IR rating when it comes to Irish weather! Your next big hurdle will be to find the time for your adventures

martins
Verified User
Verified User

Post by martins » Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:02 pm

that's on the pipe line, I'm doing my ATPLs at the moment so IR will follow at some point. Not that I think SEPs and IR mix well but I guess it's nice to have it just in case. Yes, free time will be an issue alright. I'm hopping for some flexi time within my work place - basically work when wx is bad, enjoy the plane when it's good. I can only hope my manager will like the idea as much as I do haha :)

farmBoy
Verified User
Verified User

Post by farmBoy » Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:52 am

Congrats Martins on your new aircraft! Apart from some cost issues, it is really great to have one.

As for timing, here is what I do if your workplace accepts; go to work early (around 7am) and leave early (3:30pm). It really works in summer time :)

Ali.

martins
Verified User
Verified User

Post by martins » Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:49 pm

farmBoy wrote:Congrats Martins on your new aircraft! Apart from some cost issues, it is really great to have one.

As for timing, here is what I do if your workplace accepts; go to work early (around 7am) and leave early (3:30pm). It really works in summer time :)

Ali.

you lost me at 7am :D I would rather go in at 9, take a very long lunch break to go flying and finish at 9.. :)

erdi_221
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by erdi_221 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:49 pm

Hi everyone,

Is there anyone considering having or sharing an aircraft for PPL and Hour building recently. I and one of my friend actually looking for someone to share with us to all expenses. I was in Newcastle airfield a couple of months ago. There were a couple of aircraft which we could purchase easily. So, please sent me a message in case any of you interested in.

Regards
Erdi

Paulw
Verified User
Verified User

Post by Paulw » Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:32 pm

erdi_221 wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:49 pm
Hi everyone,

Is there anyone considering having or sharing an aircraft for PPL and Hour building recently. I and one of my friend actually looking for someone to share with us to all expenses. I was in Newcastle airfield a couple of months ago. There were a couple of aircraft which we could purchase easily. So, please sent me a message in case any of you interested in.

Regards
Erdi
Where do people normally advertise aircraft for sale here in Ireland?

mark
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by mark » Fri May 03, 2019 2:09 pm

Hi PaulW,

It depends what type of aircraft you're looking for but generally I find word of mouth and Facebook are the two most popular ways of finding an aircraft share.

Regards,
Mark

flyer100
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by flyer100 » Tue May 07, 2019 12:40 am

Hello All,

I am the holder of a CPL and ME/IR with SEP + SEP/IR ratings and am looking for some recommendations on where I may be able to rent an aircraft (after check flights of course)

I have asked around and was told to put it on this forum to see who out there might be willing. I acknowledge there is more involved with the aircraft upkeep than just rocking up with cash in hand expecting to go fly and I have no issues with that.

I would like to get a few private flights in between my airline work basically, ideally in a C172

I appreciate all recommendations/offers and I am Dublin based but able to travel to surrounding counties

mark
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by mark » Tue May 07, 2019 12:55 pm

Hi flyer100,

If you're interested in flying a 2-seater, I hear FunFly Aerosports at Limetree are getting a Group A Savannah S shortly that may be available to fly. Contact details are at https://funflyaerosports.ie/ . It's not as fast as a Cessna 172 but it's way more fun to fly :)

Regards,
Mark