Bartolini Air, Poland
  • Arrow
    Verified User
    Verified User

Bartolini Air, Poland

by Arrow » Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:13 pm

Hi,

Anyone here have any experience with Bartolini Air in Poland? Considering them for my ATPL's, CPL & MEIR in 2015. Have read about them on pprune and the general consensus is very good. Would I have to do any conversions for the licences/ratings when I'd come back to ireland? Cost is the main factor, they are literally half the price of the equivalent training here in Ireland.

http://www.flyinpoland.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Just looking for any personal experience from anyone who has used them, and also if anyone can shed light on any potential pitfalls which may arise from training with a non irish based school.

Thanks,

Arrow
  • xpro
    Verified User
    Verified User

Re: Bartolini Air, Poland

by xpro » Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:20 pm

Friend of my completed CPL/MEir in Bartolini.
    Nothing but great reviews, he had no bad experiences at all.
    They have nice twin Tecnam, Glass cockpit, etc at a very good value.

You train there and do your tests there. They operate under UK CAA, and most of the examiners are UK lads and you will be issued with CAA licence which upon passing your test can be picked up in Gatwick.

Anyways, rule no1: Before deciding on where to go, visit the place first, scope it out and then decide.

Thanks
  • Arrow
    Verified User
    Verified User

by Arrow » Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:57 pm

Many thanks , is there a need then to convert the CAA licence for the IAA?
  • Bob
    Verified User
    Verified User

by Bob » Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:50 pm

Just for info, if your examiner is EASA certified they can do the IAA briefing and you'll be able to apply for your license through the IAA. They must do it beforehand though. The info here.

I did my flight tests in Sweden, in a Swedish aircraft, with a Swedish CAA Examiner. Applied then for my Irish license through the IAA. Worked out cheaper too.