Weston - new terminal trashed!
  • Bladecrack
    Unverified User
    Unverified User

Weston - new terminal trashed!

by Bladecrack » Thu Jan 19, 2006 3:29 pm

A reliable source at Weston says "A break in at the new terminal at Weston has resulted in extensive damage and is at present a crime scene. A BMW X5 parked outside had the windows smashed too".

Wots going on????

Is this a random attack or someone with a grudge against the airfield????

BC.
  • ceatach
    Verified User
    Verified User

by ceatach » Thu Jan 19, 2006 4:10 pm

Did your source tell you if anything was stolen?
  • strictlyrotary
    Unverified User
    Unverified User

by strictlyrotary » Thu Jan 19, 2006 4:27 pm

Well done bladecrack that's what I like to see,someone with their finger on the pulse of aviation. I hope no one was hurt,apart from the people responsible obviously. I agree with the grudge theory. Maybe it was a fixed wing separatist faction. Seriously tho I'm sure we haven't heard the last of it. Come on the Gardai lets get to the bottom of this asap. One last thing,I hope this spurs the Weston management on to increase the non existent security especially as they are hoping to get their Class C airspace in the very near future. :twisted:
  • 109 Power
    Unverified User
    Unverified User

by 109 Power » Thu Jan 19, 2006 4:51 pm

Were any aircraft damaged?
  • RV BLUE
    Verified User
    Verified User

by RV BLUE » Thu Jan 19, 2006 8:35 pm

One might think they would have had some security cameras around......who knows !!
  • Bladecrack
    Unverified User
    Unverified User

by Bladecrack » Fri Jan 20, 2006 12:57 pm

Latest news - Nothing stolen it appears, just an act of vandalism, heard some aircraft were damaged, dont know to what extent. Two arrests have been made. Looks like security will have to be extensively reviewed.

BC.
  • ceatach
    Verified User
    Verified User

by ceatach » Fri Jan 20, 2006 1:33 pm

One of the guys arrested has something like 150 convictions for similar offences, so Im told. They were throwing large stones at the biz jets along with the terminal/bmw thrashing. :roll:
  • Cosmic
    Unverified User
    Unverified User

by Cosmic » Fri Jan 20, 2006 5:29 pm

One of the guys arrested has something like 150 convictions for similar offences

That really enrages me, the intellectual has proved beyond doubt that he is a pest to society beyond a doubt at this point, why is he still roaming the streets.

A few thousand hours community service washing said airplanes is what he gets I hope! :)
    We who fly do so for the love of flying. We are alive in the air with this miracle that lies in our hands and beneath our feet.

— Cecil Day Lewis
  • Canacourse
    Unverified User
    Unverified User

by Canacourse » Fri Jan 20, 2006 10:08 pm

Newstalk 106 "reported" today that ?500K damage was caused by a drunk 23YO.

CC..
  • mikekilo
    Unverified User
    Unverified User

by mikekilo » Sat Jan 21, 2006 5:54 pm

...according to a tabloid today, over 500k worth of damage caused - some of this to helicopters :(
  • VNAV PTH
    Unverified User
    Unverified User

by VNAV PTH » Sat Jan 21, 2006 6:48 pm

Cosmic wrote:

That really enrages me, the intellectual has proved beyond doubt that he is a pest to society beyond a doubt at this point, why is he still roaming the streets.

A few thousand hours community service washing said airplanes is what he gets I hope! :)

All those wishy-washy "rehabilitation is the answer" hippy types wouldn't be happy.
    Lock'em up in a prison ship somewhere with nothing but a cold floor to sleep on for a few years...see how many off them like it then!!

As Billy Connoly once said, "Hanging's too good for them people, it's a good kick in the a*se they need...."
    Screw you guys.....I`m going home.......