Aviators guide OR Kevin Glynn VFR Flight guide.

This is a forum for discussing General Aviation in Ireland

Moderator: mark

Arrow
Verified User
Verified User

Aviators guide OR Kevin Glynn VFR Flight guide.

Post by Arrow » Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:52 pm

Hi ,

As per title, which one is better? I'm looking to buy one but not sure which is the best.

Thanks,

Arrow

hugoj_air
Verified User
Verified User

Re: Aviators guide OR Kevin Glynn VFR Flight guide.

Post by hugoj_air » Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:16 pm

Simple answer Arrow, is purchase BOTH. That's exactly what I did. While the majority of locations are repeated in both titles, there are enough different sites included in both to make a double purchase worthwhile. Also it's good to get a slight variation of information for each of the repeated locations, plus the photographs for each site show a different perspective. If you are visiting a "new" strip, it's always good to get as much visual data on the strip as possible.

Hugo.
http://www.irishavsites.com/ The historical listing of Aviation Sites in Ireland

aviatorsguide
Verified User
Verified User

Re: Aviators guide OR Kevin Glynn VFR Flight guide.

Post by aviatorsguide » Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:30 pm

Buy the two of them. It's a labour of love, and it cost me more in fuel than what I ever sold! I would sooner do a fresh guide for some other country or another aviation niche, so it will be a collectors item in time to come. If you are going to use it in anger then its worth buying for the marking of the electricity cables alone, or the diversion possibilities it offers.

Best

William