Pilot Magazine March 2014

Still the fastest gowing sector in Irish Aviation - This forum is dedicated to everything microlight related! [Only Verified Users can post in this forum]

Moderator: mark

damienair
Verified User
Verified User

Pilot Magazine March 2014

Post by damienair » Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:43 am

So there I was in Heathrow Airport yesterday evening after spending a day on Business in London looking through Aviation Magazines for my flight home, when I saw something familiar on the front cover of Pilot Magazine. The Skyranger G-UPTA which I once owned was playing the star role in this months Pilot Magazine.
I felt like someone after dating a Model for 5 years, dumped her and then 2 years later seen her on the front cover of a Fashion Magazine looking absolutely gorgeous and said to myself, NOOOOOO!!!!
It was a good read, basically going through the performance, touring capability and the fact that in every way it is a far superior aircraft to a Cessna 150. More Modern and lighter of course, with half the fuel burn. But then again you can't train for a Commercial Licence in one.
Delighted that the current owner is loving G-UPTA every bit as much as I did and has the time to give it some TLC.

Damien.

http://www.pilotweb.aero/features/comin ... _1_3257313" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Pegasus XL 462
PILOTS are just PLANE people with a special AIR about them

aviatorsguide
Verified User
Verified User

Re: Pilot Magazine March 2014

Post by aviatorsguide » Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:49 pm

Aircraft looked good in the mag for sure. It was a cool paint scheme.

The poor 150 is getting a hard time at the moment.... The Reims Aerobat can take off from almost any field, fly in IMC and at night, do quite an impressive aero display (John Harper in CTI was pretty amazing to watch) then land at night into a one way forest strip. I have seen all that being done, but the articles never cover the possible just the ordinary.

You must miss Gupta!

William

damienair
Verified User
Verified User

Re: Pilot Magazine March 2014

Post by damienair » Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:35 pm

Hi William,

Hope all is good with you. Yes indeed I do miss G-UPTA, it was a fantastic Airplane and I had some great trips in it. However I miss flying more. Nothing like 2 small kids at home to keep one grounded. I had to get rid of G-UPTA as I was flying less than 30 hours a year, split between an XL and a Skyranger, did not make sense to keep it. Hoping to get the hours back up a bit this year and bimble into a Flyin or two in the little Pegasus XL.

Damien.
Pegasus XL 462
PILOTS are just PLANE people with a special AIR about them