Hour building blog

This is a forum where student pilots can post their questions for more experienced pilots and instructors to answer

Moderator: mark

Bob
Verified User
Verified User

Hour building blog

Post by Bob » Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:14 am

Hey all,

I'm currently in Phoenix, Arizona at the moment doing a bit of hour building. I've decided to overcome my inability to spell and form grammatically correct sentences by blogging the experience. So, don't expect the Daily Star type quality, but it maybe of interest to someone who's planning a similar trip.

Here's the link anyway, enjoy. http://reynoldschristy.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Christy

Glenn
Verified User
Verified User

Re: Hour building blog

Post by Glenn » Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:02 pm

Great blog Christy,

Reminds me of my own adventures when I did my hour building a few years back. I was in daytona beach florida, but enjoyed reading about your experiences, knowing i have been through them myself.

What stage are you at now?

Glenn

Bob
Verified User
Verified User

Re: Hour building blog

Post by Bob » Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:10 pm

Glad you enjoyed it Glenn, for someone who usually considered himself borderline illiterate, I actually really enjoyed writing it. I guess it felt like a bit of a debrief every evening, and it should make for a good diary for myself.

The Phoenix trip was the last of my hour building, which was the final requirement to start my CPL/MEIR. I begin that at the Diamond Flight Academy, Sweden this Wednesday.

While there, I'll start the blogging again, maybe not in the same format. The day to day would get a bit tedious I think, but I'll try to conjure up something interesting on a regular bases. Even the course itself is interesting, 80 hours split between a DA42 simulator and DA42 aircraft. So, basically 80 hours twin training and the price is competitive.

If anyone is interested you can follow the blog via email, there's a link on the sidebar of the blog itself. If you don't want to fill up your inbox, I've also set up a facebook page where I'll post new updates. :D