Aviators Guide to Ireland

This is a forum for discussing General Aviation in Ireland

Moderator: mark

aviatorsguide
Verified User
Verified User

Re: Aviators Guide to Ireland

Post by aviatorsguide »

In case of running short of patience, you can always test drive the 9 other airfields we offered up in a high res download here; http://www.flyinginireland.com/news/VFR ... reland.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Achill, abbeybraney, aughrim, ardnacrusha are perhaps the "A Grade" challenges in that link. Cooley is one of the most picturesque strips out there. If you brought your other half for a low level spin up the coast and popped/PPR'd in there armed with a barbeque and a few beverages you would certainly impress. 8)

For the price of a drum of Mogas and a coffee, the book is one of the better investments out there. The strips can now be found by name, selected from the county index, found on the new map page, found in Google Earth and found on your GPS. After that needless to say you should have used a half mill map and a chinagraph to do proper paper flight planning, using the position fixes in the book to identify your destinations/alternates relative to airspace and terrain hazards. Myself and Lorcan don't even have a copy left for ourselves, but that should be a addressed with 900kg of books due from Davis Printers very soon.

Contact....

William

aviatorsguide
Verified User
Verified User

Post by aviatorsguide »

http://flic.kr/p/9Sn6KA

Very soon, really is very soon.... Damn posting pictures here is hit or miss. May get Mark to do it! Anyhow there's a seaplane to be flown, so the URL will have to do.

W

Joe McDermott
Verified User
Verified User

Post by Joe McDermott »

Bryan Hogan, Auster EI-AEE driver, is at Spanish Point 20th Fly-In today (Sat) & has one of the test copies of Aviators Guide to Ireland with him if anyone wants a peek. He will not be hard to find, he's one of the two guys wareing the orange Follow Me hi-vis jackets.

Joe

aviatorsguide
Verified User
Verified User

Post by aviatorsguide »

http://youtu.be/cc8e0E7txiU

Some of the fun surveying for the book, videos robbed from all manner of camera phones etc... Just flying for fun, and getting used to the iMac :shock:

jollyrog
Verified User
Verified User

Post by jollyrog »

I'm really looking forward to reading my book. Any idea when I'll receive it?

Thanks.

Roger
(Tipperary)

aviatorsguide
Verified User
Verified User

Post by aviatorsguide »

Roger - and other customers,
The books you have ordered and paid for will be shipped. However, myself & Lorcan have both been put on notice to expect solicitors letters from a firm in Lougrea representing a client in the area, who claims our publication is a direct reproduction of another. Unfortunately such a flawed affirmation has caused a delay and inconvenice to our customers. As stated several times previously, the Aviators Guide to Ireland was intended to be the product of collective intellegence of the GA community. Too much work has gone into this production to allow any individual to stand in the way of us publishing accurate and current information for all aviators. We shall respond to said correspondance, and ship the printed edition 2 books as soon as this issue is dealt with.

The spirit of aviation that we sought to display through our accurate survey work, numerous passenger flights, appletarts brought and banter had - will no doubt be appreciated by those who met up with us along the way. The good people of Anaghmore Estate http://www.sligomfc.com/fullsize/ indeed noted our efforts on their webpage. The result of our efforts, is the summation of the positve outlook and energy that Lorcan and I have for flying - and perhaps pilots everywhere would like to carry that goodwill around in an A5 book!

Maybe when selecting your flight guide of choice you might keep the above in mind.

Careful how you fly it......

William Flood
Lorcan Parker

Demonduck
Verified User
Verified User

Post by Demonduck »

Ah, Why cant we just all get along.
The GA is such a small community in Ireland and we should all be working together.
I guess people are people after all.
Sad really.

Anyway best of luck with the sales and hope they reach the expectations as I look forward to picking up a copy soon.

pilot1087
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by pilot1087 »

It's such a shame that someone would want to stop the publication of the Aviators guide. I was just about to order a copy, it was the talk of Weston when I was out there last week. I know of a few others who are ordering as well.
Last edited by pilot1087 on Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JarJar
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by JarJar »

@pilot1087
This is the natural order of things.
Aviator is obviously outselling the other one and the latter would like a slice of the takings.
I see definite infringement here. Both have photos of green fields.
What was that Brendan said to Begrudgers...
JJ

mark
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by mark »

Pictures posted on behalf of AviatorsGuide

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just in case anyone would liken the edition 2 books to the "loch ness monster" - talked about but not seen, here are the pictures of the copies coming off the press in Davis Print last week. Anyone who wants to collect it in person next week, just drop us a line at aviatorsguide@gmail.com

Hum and I are off on a mission to one of the 007West destinations tonight. Bow tie check, Dinner Jacket check, White shirt secure, off we go ;-)

aviatorsguide
Verified User
Verified User

Post by aviatorsguide »

Pleased to advise that each and every person who bought their "Aviators Guide to Ireland" had their book posted out today. That is all the online customers and those who pre-ordered at the various events we attended. Books are now available, and in stock with;

Weston - National Flight Centre 01 6217333
Birr - Colm Wright/Ormond Flying Club 087 0664545
Limerick - National Kart Centre 061 340161
Milltownpass - Aviators Guide HQ - 087 2218706

We will also be getting stocks into Enniskillen, Newcastle, Carrickmore, Frenchpark and Waterford on Saturday. Any orders placed online will be in the post within 24 hrs if ordered on http://www.FlightGuide.me :) Starting next week we will be posting HD video clips of landing lots of these destinations, as so many people peer at the pages and say "you can't land there...."

We are constantly landing new places, and adding to the future print runs. Landed at a Castle in tipp last Sunday owned by Walt Disney (Trust) - so its a summer of exploring ahead.

We appreciate your business,

Aviators Guide

Sierra Papa
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Sierra Papa »

Just got my copy at the Trim Fly-in last Sunday, I spent half the next night looking through it, what a superb publication. Well done - a lot of hard work went in to it.

Regards SP

aviatorsguide
Verified User
Verified User

Post by aviatorsguide »

Thanks - we appreciate your support. Certianly seen a few late nights, and the sun come up once or twice. Learned a good bit along the way and considering it was a two day a week effort since Feb, we are happy with the way it turned out. There are more books and DVDs in the pipeline, and we are by no means resting up!

Updated Book Availability List
Enniskillen - Ops Counter 048 6632 9000
Newcastle - John Nugent 087 7437871
Abbeyshrule - JJ Reilly Cars 086 2512456
Dublin City - CQ Communications - William Hillick 01 872 2152
Brittas House - Harry Humphreys 087 6465448
Dublin Airport - Joe McDermott 087 2029325

We will be hoping to double this list over next week or so. We will be at each and every fly in from here on with copies, and will have UK agents also quite soon. There are just so many places to go, and given a lightly loaded airplane in the right hands they are all doable.

Thanks guys,

William

stovepipe
Verified User
Verified User

Post by stovepipe »

Hi William/Lorcan,
just got the guide in the door and it's excellent! I can't recommend it enough.All good aviators should have it in their flight bag.
regards
Stovepipe (floaty Cub inspector)

aviatorsguide
Verified User
Verified User

Post by aviatorsguide »

Thanks Stovepipe for your positive feedback. The book is now available:

Updated Book Availability List

Enniskillen - Ops Counter 048 6632 9000
Newcastle - John Nugent 087 7437871
Abbeyshrule - JJ Reilly Cars 086 2512456
Dublin City - CQ Communications - William Hillick 01 872 2752
Brittas House - Harry Humphreys 087 6465448
Dublin Airport - Joe McDermott 087 2029325
Sligo - Usher Aviation 071 9128293
Shannon - (Colm Carthy - Air Atlanta) - 087 7974047
Frenchpark/Tibohine - James Morrisore - 086 2500153
Newtownards - Kenneth Gay
Doonass/Toomeyvara/Coonagh - Aidan "Duck" O'Rourke - 087 2576067
Dowth Hall - Noel "Aiglonaire" Curran - 087 9961099

Thats all folks. We are working on follow on products to the book, and appreciate your custom.

Let the book do the talking.

8)
Last edited by aviatorsguide on Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.