CAA PPL

This is a forum for discussing General Aviation in Ireland

Moderator: mark

9205X
Unverified User
Unverified User

CAA PPL

Post by 9205X » Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:02 pm

I have a CAA PPL (SEP) license. I am keeping it current by currency and need to do an hour with a instructor. Can I do it with a Irish instructor out in Weston? Also what does the flight consist of and how long will it last?

Rudy
Verified User
Verified User

Re: CAA PPL

Post by Rudy » Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:52 pm

Hi 9205X,
Yes you may do the required 1 hour training flight in Weston with any JAR instructor. The contents of the flight used to be found in a now withdrawn AIC127/1999 but guidance is shown in CAA Standards Document 14, V5 Section 6.3. Note that the flight must be 1 hour continuous instruction and not say, 2 half hours.
As yours is CAA issue the Examiner's signature needs to be within the 3 months preceding expiry of the rating.
An Irish Examiner may also do the paperwork for you.
Rudy

libertyxl2flyer
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by libertyxl2flyer » Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:32 am

rudy
you seem to know your stuff! i also have a caa ppl i am revalidating for the second time now as i have to do an hour with an instructor and do my 11 solo hours in a yr i also have to have my licence revalidated by a caa cfi is that correct or is it possible to get any cfi to revalidate the licence

any info would be helpfull

regards libertyxl2
n550xl make left traffic report midfield downwind cleard for takeoff runway 08

buggyB
Verified User
Verified User

Post by buggyB » Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:10 pm

Your Class rating has to be revalidated by any JAA Examiner in the 3 months preceeding expiry. The 1 hour flight has to be taken with a FI within 12 months before expiry. A CFI can do the hour with you but cannot revalidate the rating.

Also the 1 hour training flight may be taken any time with the 12 month period-I got mixed up with this initially. It's a good idea to get this one out of the way as soon as possible in the last year so that you do not end up getting caught out by weather or other factors. It would be wise to get your language proficiency form completed during the training flight if you need to get your level 6.

You must only present your licence and logbook to the Examiner (IAA or CAA does not matter) within the 3 month period before expiry. I heard of one lad who had to go do a proficiency check because he was 2 days overdue-everything was completed in time but he just was late talking to the examiner.

Rudy
Verified User
Verified User

Post by Rudy » Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:49 pm

libertyxl2flyer,
PM sent
Rudy