The Historical Aviation Society Of Ireland:

This is a forum for discussing General Aviation in Ireland

Moderator: mark

historical-avi-irl.i8.com
Unverified User
Unverified User

The Historical Aviation Society Of Ireland:

Post by historical-avi-irl.i8.com »

We are basically a club for all interested in historical Irish Aviation. At the moment, as a student, I don't have alot of resources, and I would like to run my society (in particular, my website) as just a place you can go to find out more about Ireland's past great aviation figures.

In the future, I hope to set up the society properly, and hopefully go on trips to sites of Historical Interest, such as Kildonan Aerodrome, Finglas or possibly Casement Aerodrome (Baldonnel).
But currently, on my own, I can really only help to get other people's cause out there: i.e. a book about Historical Irish Aviation, I would help to publisize.

Anyway, Hoping to see you sometime in the future, to all that are interested, and hopefully then my club, will be a proper historical society.
www.historical-avi-ireland.i8.com

Yours Faithfully,
Byron Smith :D
Last edited by historical-avi-irl.i8.com on Fri Nov 26, 2004 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rallye EIBFP
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Rallye EIBFP »

Just to let you know; half the site is not working. They are dead links

Unverified User
Unverified User

Thanks

Thanks For That, I'll try to fix it soon!!!

Unverified User
Unverified User

Just to tell you

Just to tell everyone, sorry for the current state of our website, during it's re-construction. It will be back to normal by early 2005.

Thanks For Your Co-operation.

Michael Traynor
Unverified User
Unverified User

Historical Aviation web-site

Post by Michael Traynor »

Hello Byron,

Delighted to meet you at the Aviation Fair.

I wish you the very best with this worthwhile and important web-site. Don't worry about gremlins at the start - they are only sent to test you and see if you are serious about going ahead with the site!!! Keep it up anyway. Looking forward to it developing in 2005.

Best wishes,

Michael Traynor
IONA

Unverified User
Unverified User

Hello Again

Thanks for that Micheal, just recieved the book in the post.
It is great, and I have already found out alot more about Iona, and I recommend anybody looking for Iona's history to get your book.

The re-development of the website is going well, and soon I hope to have a contribution service, up on it so people can send me information to post up on it, and they can share their knowlage with others.
Sorry I couldn't make it to the launch, I really wanted to go, but I hope it went well for you.

Good Luck With Your Book, It Is Well Overdue For Somebody To Write About Iona, And You Illustrated Their History Prefectly,
:lol:

Unverified User
Unverified User

Welcome

Great News- Our New Website Is Up And Running*
So Please Come And Visit It Today
You Can-
+Read Stories Relating To Past Irish Aviation.
+Contribute Your Stories & Information For All To See.
+Find Out What You Need To Know From Our Aviation Network Of Historians, And Join Our Network If You Feel You Can Help Others!
+Find Out Aviation Museums & Historical Aviation Groups In Your Area and Irish Aviation Websites Worldwide.

Also, Check Out Our Latest Work & Goals Board; For The Latest News On Historical Aviation In Ireland.

*Our Website May Have Mistakes, Due To Its Current State, After Re-Development- But If You Contact Us About Them We Will Fix Them.

http://www.historical-avi-ireland.i8.com

Unverified User
Unverified User

More News- We Now Have Started A Photographic Archive
All are welcome and encouraged to contribute to it if they wish- anything of historical aviation interest is welcome- also coming soon is a flight sim model of Kildonan Aerodrome, Ireland's First Civil Airport.

Thanks Again,[/b]