A.I.A.A. Bolkow photos.

Here's a section for all our rotorheads, both helis and gyros!

Moderator: mark

500 fan
Unverified User
Unverified User

A.I.A.A. Bolkow photos.

Post by 500 fan » Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:47 pm

Here are a few photos (taken at the Kilashee House Hotel in Naas) of the BO-105 CBS operated by Bond and used last week to publicise the proposed All-Ireland Air Ambulance service. If they can get the hoped-for funding, they plan to have three Bolkows situated in Ireland to provide a VFR Air Ambulance/EMS Helicopter Service. Bond Helicopters will be supplying the machinery and personnel. Here's hoping they get the funding they need.

This BO-105 was only here in Ireland as a demonstrator, hence the G-reg. This particular helicopter is the maintenance relief ship for their operations in the U.K.

500 Fan.
Last edited by 500 fan on Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vortex003
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by vortex003 » Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:47 pm

Nice pics - 8) 8)
Hope the fund raising is successful.

Heligaz
Unverified User
Unverified User

B0-105

Post by Heligaz » Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:16 pm

Nice pictures :) . I was unable to attend kilashee that day but luckily you took some nice pictures.

bolkow
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by bolkow » Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:09 pm

great pics, I have seen CDBS a number of times in swansea when it covers for G-WAAS when it is down for a service. Another frequent visitor is BATC. CDBS has over 10000 airframe hours up now whilst BATC i sfast approaching 20000

FleischerHilde
Unverified User
Unverified User

Re: A.I.A.A. Bolkow photos.

Post by FleischerHilde » Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:54 am

I'm very aware that this is an older post (almost 2 years old), but I was curious to know if the Air Ambulance service got the funding that they needed. I remember one of my cousins mentioning that they've been needing extra funding for a while and wanted to know if some of those financial woes had been alleviated. While air ambulances aren't completely necessary, they're still capable of saving lives and they DO help. For many, these helicopters are a life line! Not only do we need these emergency aircrafts to be in tip-top shape, we need the right paramedics for the job.

Anyway, if anyone's heard any updates, I'd certainly love to hear about them. Take care, folks! =)
Hilde

vortex003
Unverified User
Unverified User

Re: A.I.A.A. Bolkow photos.

Post by vortex003 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:54 pm

http://www.airambulanceireland.net/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;