Aircraft Register

We would like to hear what you think about the magazine and website

Moderator: mark

Sierra Papa
Unverified User
Unverified User

Aircraft Register

Post by Sierra Papa » Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:53 pm

Maybe there is some secret reason I don't understand but why is the aircraft rwgister in the magazine a couple of months delayed, you can access the current and up to date one on IAA web page. Also the one on your web page is totaly out of date - WHY????

Regards S.P.

mark
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by mark » Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:02 pm

Hi Sierra Papa,

The register update in the magazine is a couple of months delayed for a number of reasons. We receive an update from the IAA at the beginning of each month for the previous month, however we usually go to print at the end of the first week of the month for the following month, this means that by the time the magazine hits the shelves the register looks old. The IAA publishes the complete register on their webiste, not the changes. The delay also allows us to find out info and photos used in the commentary.

The reason the website register is out of date is because I just haven't had the time to update it recently. Bringing out the magazine every month takes up a lot of our time. I'm hoping to get around to it at some stage but it'll be a few weeks yet.

Regards,
Mark

Sierra Papa
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Sierra Papa » Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:46 pm

That's a fair answer thank you but I still think that at least the website should be up to date or else take it of all together and just make a link to IAA site.

Kind Regards, Sierra Papa.

cleared to land
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by cleared to land » Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:45 pm

Sierra Papa- Its very interesting to here you criticize the website aircraft register. We all know that you have just bought EI-BAT and it may be annoying not to see your name appear as owner when anybody searches the register in order to have your ego massaged. "That's right all, I own an airplane, yes that's my name there, as owner see"

This ego bust is further reinforced by your following comments, 'I still think that at least the website should be up to date or else take it of all together and just make a link to IAA site."

I for one and I know that this applies to others, use the website aircraft register search, not to look at the name of the owners, but to search a call sign that you may have heard and are not sure what the plane looks like.

Mark keep up the good work. If it was not for you the aviation community would be a lot smaller. The website and forum are the only aviation resource that we have, keep it going.

bean_ian
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by bean_ian » Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:36 pm

fair play cleared to land, had to be said.
An incredibly rude and ignorant post altogether
X'Air 582(5)

Flyer1
Verified User
Verified User

Post by Flyer1 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:33 pm

Well said cleared to land. Only spotted this now. Sierra Papa, Mark does an absolutely fantastic job moderating this forum and looking after the website. He's no doubt got a lot on his plate so lay off it a bit.

stovepipe
Verified User
Verified User

Post by stovepipe » Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:37 pm

Lads, stop jumping down his throat.I'm quite sure he's aware of Mark's workload......... Even the IAA's Master register is out of date. There are quite a few aircraft on the list that no longer exist as live aircraft or have left the State or have been destroyed or scrapped.They should clean house themselves before allowing a very out od date reglist to be published.
regards
Stovepipe

mark
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by mark » Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:58 pm

Hi lads,

Thanks for your support and kind comments.

I now have the aircraft register fully up to date (Oct 31st 2008). The next step is to add photos of each aircraft which will be done regularly over the next few weeks. Most photos of airliners (Ryanair, Air Lingus and leasing companies) should be easy enough to source but I would appreciate any help with light aircraft and microlights that are harder to track down and photograph. I have created a list of the aircraft we're missing photos of at http://flyinginirelandmagazine.com/nopic.php . This page will automatically update as photos are added. In particular I'm looking for photos of EI-A**, EI-B** and EI-C**. As stovepipe rightly points out, many of these aircraft are probably long gone so some photos could be difficult to sourse.

Thanks,
Mark

kilo delta
Verified User
Verified User

Post by kilo delta » Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:22 pm

Hi Mark,
You are welcome to use any of the images that I've posted on these forums. Also, if there are any more of the aircraft on your list based at EIAB I'd be only too happy to take a few shots of them. :)

KD

mark
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by mark » Sat Nov 22, 2008 6:28 pm

Thanks KD, much appreciated.

And thank you to everyone else who has sent me photos in the last week, I'll be adding them to the site over the next few weeks.

Regards,
Mark