Secondary Level Physics

A forum for aircraft engineers to discuss topics of interest

Moderator: mark

Dutch Roll
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Dutch Roll » Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:07 pm

Anyhow in maintenance it pops up all the time,from the very start to the very end module!! depending on if you dont do em backwards!!
115 VAC @400Hz

mini
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by mini » Fri Sep 29, 2006 11:50 pm

I didn't study physics in school, yet ended up teaching Engineering Science at 3rd level...

'tis a funny old world...

On a more serious note, I would reccommend that you stick with it as it will give you an analytical mindset that will serve you well in aviation.

You'll also need thick skin, a hard neck and an ability to bluff your Bank Manager...

Good luck.

Hawker
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Hawker » Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:15 pm

Ha, now I'm starting to worry.

I've accepted my course - Aircraft Systems in Carlow - and it looks like Maths and Physics are a big part of the 1st Semester.

Only prob is that I haven't touched a science subject since 3rd year in secondary.

I've a bit of research to do now :(

The way I see it - they didn't ask you to have Physics to get in - so they won't assume that everyone is good at it.
When you get it right, mighty beasts float up into the sky. When you get it wrong, people die.

Nanolight
Verified User
Verified User

Post by Nanolight » Thu Aug 23, 2007 7:58 pm

They start at the start in 3rd level, but move much faster. Go to your lectures (and more importantly your tutorials) and do the problem sheets and you won't have a problem.
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.