Air Corps - Siai Marchetti SF260 UPDATE

This is a forum for discussing General Aviation in Ireland

Moderator: mark

900EX
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by 900EX » Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:53 pm

QUOTE 'Did they get a full public cert in the US?'

Yeah.. They have proper airworthiness certs and ready to go.

Company is call Airpower Inc. in California. They seem to be dealers. They also have an ex. Italian example and a turbine version.
Celer fuga....

TrickyDicky
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by TrickyDicky » Thu Mar 01, 2007 5:34 pm

Aah,
So Mr Patlin won the competition. It was probably his good early inspection of the aircraft that convinced him of the value of the machines. It was also jolly good of him to leave a machine in Ireland. :lol: W231 by any chance.
Well best of luck to him, Im sure he'll sell those machines like hot cakes in the States.
TD

mini
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by mini » Sat Mar 03, 2007 1:42 am

By all accounts, an over rated, over priced, over maintained, expensive, contrary bitch of an aircraft. Why would anyone want one other than nostagia?

900EX
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by 900EX » Sat Mar 03, 2007 6:49 am

Clearly a case of mini by name mini by nature...

Rather a large number of people would disagree with you. This aircraft has proven itself as exceptional quite outiside the realm of nostalgia.
Celer fuga....

mini
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by mini » Sun Mar 04, 2007 1:05 am

900EX - loose the personal insults, by all means attack the post - but not the poster ...

My comments were prefaced with "by all accounts" i.e. they were supplied by others - those who have flown, operated, maintained this type.

My only direct contact with this type was the aftermath of a very sad fatal accident.

900EX
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by 900EX » Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:21 am

I feel that your post was rather small minded considering the fact that this aircraft has broken several world records and is considered by many to be an excellent design.

Your post suggests that the aircraft is "over rated, over priced, over maintained, expensive, contrary bitch of an aircraft."

Suggest a visit to Air Combat USA would help form a more favourable opinion on the SF260. Having flown some 26 aircraft types I found the performance from this machine quite astonishing. http://www.aircombatusa.com/

All the best.
Celer fuga....

Flyer1
Verified User
Verified User

Post by Flyer1 » Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:02 pm

C'mon now lads, be nice. Mini is entitled to his opinion as everyone else is on this forum. Granted they're overpriced but probably a lot of fun in the air.

mini
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by mini » Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:09 am

"C'mon now lads, be nice. Mini is entitled to his opinion" - as stated, comments posted were not my opinions...

"I feel that your post was rather small minded" again, lay off the poster, concentrate on the posted... read what I wrote.

As it happens, I spent a few hours this evening with an ex SF260 pilot, his summary was that its similar to a Ferrari, if you know what you're doing they're awesome - get it wrong & you're dead. Fast, fragile, obsolete & overpriced.

Due to the non intended confusion, I'm withdrawing from this thread after this post. If anyone feels they would like to continue this discussion I suggest they PM me & we do it in private.