Here's a section for all our rotorheads, both helis and gyros!

Moderator: mark

Post Reply


Post by steve »

any body know who could do a convertion faa ppl/h to iaa jar ppl/h on a n reg md600

Delta Sierra
Unverified User
Unverified User
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2004 11:47 pm
Location: East Coast

Post by Delta Sierra »

Try Steve Walker in European Helicopter Academy over at Weston.

Unverified User
Unverified User
Posts: 44
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2004 11:17 am

Post by pensive »

Nobody in Ireland can do anything on 500. Get a good rating by going to UK cos operators there of 500/600's have at least some type experience. Try getting hold of Dennis Kenyon for it, knows a lot about that type. It also helps to avoid IAA licensing issues, UK CAA make it easier! IMHO 8)


Post by Guest »

I think there is a flight Instructor in Galway who has been known to fly around in a G reg 500, no harm enquiring at Weston and Carnmore

Unverified User
Unverified User
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2004 12:23 am
Location: Hang on , GPS just coming on line

Post by Whatsarunway »

If you have an faa ppl and the heli you want to fly is on the N reg then you dont need any jar or iaa licence, just make sure you hold a faa class one or two medical as the class three medical is not reckognised over this side of the pond. You can do the differences training with a guy in premier aviation in weston who is an faa instructor. :wink:

Post Reply