I know some of the locals I will take soundings. Getting the permission from the owners The Dept of The Galetacht & Islands would be required ..................any suggestions on that one? May as well ask for Cleggan at the same time. Any dates to aim for?
I had a chat with some of the people in the Community Development Company (they have been campaigning to open the airstrip for years) they are up for a fly in in the Summer. They suggest that June would be better for accommodation.
Anyone like to approach the Department for permission !!!!!! I would suggest a direct approach to the Minister the officials will say no ..............always have before.
Does anyone know if Galway airport could be open to holding the flying in Ireland flyin this year plenty of space and a runway to accommodate all types of aircraft ?
If not my support would be for inishbofin