A380 For Portrush

Please notify to this forum any events going on in the country related to Irish Aviation

Moderator: mark

jimbors250
Unverified User
Unverified User

a380

Post by jimbors250 »

we were lucky enough to be one of the first Singapore airlines customers to fly the airbus A380 last year and its fab ! we flew from London to singapore and on the way back we flew 747 and it was like flying in the engine on the way back the airbus is so quiet its hard to believe its flying! its so quiet
we will be back
i hope lol

michael747
Verified User
Verified User

Post by michael747 »

It's a shame it only did 2 passes
It really is an impressive aircraft, I first saw the white elephant back in July 2006 at the Farnborough Airshow - It did a display for about 10-15 mins then and I was very impressed.
I was also fortunate enough to be a passenger on a flight in one from Singapore to Sydney. It's so quiet inside, you'd find it hard to believe until you experience it yourself.
Looking forward to seeing some more pics of the show
Regards,
M747
:D

tom in weston
Verified User
Verified User

Post by tom in weston »

I've sent Mark a few pictures of the A380 in an e-mail, so he can put them up here (I don't know how to !!!!) apologies in advance for the quality, it was dark and he was far away!!! excuses...excuses!! anyway, I've sent Mark a disk containing all the pictures from the airshow, so he can put more up here or in the magazine if he likes.

I read in another forum that when the offer of the A380 was made to the Portrush Airshow organisers, they were told that the pilot would "WOW" the croud??? I appreciate that flying something the size of an A380 around the west bay in Portrush isn't easy, but the only thing "WOW" about his display was the aircraft registration!

mark
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by mark »

As promised.....thanks Tom!

DonalMW
Verified User
Verified User

Post by DonalMW »

Nice1 guys. Obviously it WAS flying pretty high if there's no ground to be seen in the pics. Still an impressive machine. Here's hoping Aer Lingus have 1 for when I decide to come home for a visit :P

Bob
Verified User
Verified User

Post by Bob »

I flew with quantas from Heathrow to Singapore on the 380 as mentioned before it was extremely quite and so smooth as well. I also managed to blag my way into the cockpit after landing while waiting for the airbridges to come out 8) , it's some spread of glass.

DonalMW
Verified User
Verified User

Post by DonalMW »

Yea, i've seen the pics, and the "virtual cockpit" also where you can have a detailed look with your mouse (Or touchpad:P)

DonalMW
Verified User
Verified User

Post by DonalMW »