Share Center Fly in! (Lisnaskea, Co. Fermangh) Bank holiday

Please notify to this forum any events going on in the country related to Irish Aviation

Moderator: mark

GJOYT
Verified User
Verified User

Share Center Fly in! (Lisnaskea, Co. Fermangh) Bank holiday

Post by GJOYT »

The Amphibious Flying Club are organising a fly in at the Share Center Lisnaskea Co. Fermanagh just 10nm SE of Enniskillen Airport.

The fly in is on the May Bank holiday weekend (23/24/25).

The location is on the edge of lough Erne for any sea planes to attend, there will be a landing site for helicopters and a 600m (i think) grass runway beside the center is under conscruction.

There will be lots of sea planes arriving on the Friday and a Sea plane fly out to a lake down south on Saturday with a world war 2 night on Saturday. A band has been orgainised. A Catalina should hopefully be attaneding too as the theme is WW2.

On Sunday I think there is pleasure flights all day followed by another fly out to a lake in Donegal on the Monday.

Here is a link to their website where you can see the Share Center in Lisnaskea. http://www.the-amphib-flyingclub.co.uk/9101.html
More details to follow but you can call tracey/steve who is organising it on 004428 6634 6861 Mobile: 0044796 221 3976

willo
Verified User
Verified User

Post by willo »

Would someone stop organising these fly-ins the same weekend as the Heineken Cup!!!! :)

Anyhow, may go up, is there camping available, as might bring the family

Cheers

Willo

GJOYT
Verified User
Verified User

Post by GJOYT »

Haha sorry willo but the flying is more worth it I'm sure! :)

Yes I think so but just ring them up and confirm it because I don't want to give any false or misleading information. The event would be great for the family too. There will be many people not involved in aviation attending as I think the sea planes are doing pleasure flights.

GJOYT
Verified User
Verified User

Post by GJOYT »

I would just like to confirm the schedule for the Fermanagh Seaplane Festival 09.

All information can be found on this link for anyone wishing to attend by air or road http://www.fermanaghseaplanefestival.com/index.html

On Fri 22nd about 10 or so seaplanes will be arriving in Lisnaskea. One of these I think is a Cessna 180 from Holland.

23rd May 2009
9.30 Seaplanes will fly out to Hudson Bay on Lough Rea. ETA 10.30 local time.
14.30 Seaplanes land at the Forum in Enniskillen to the RNLI water safety day.
19.30 WW2 themed dinner. Come in fancy dress or come as you are for a 4 course meal, dancing to a live swing band and an after dinner speech from an Ex-Catalina and Sunderland pilot who was based in Fermanagh during WW2.

24th May 2009
The main event @ Share holiday village.
This event will offer:
Air experience flights in the Seaplanes or helicopters
Cruise the Lough on the Innish Cruiser trips,
Model seaplane air display
Have fun out on the Banana boat or canoes (don’t forget your swim gear and towel)
Bouncy Castle
Laser Maze
Inflatable slide
Inflatable assault course
Orienteering
Climbing
Paintballing
Military living history
Or just enjoy watching the planes, whilst picnicking on the beach.

25th May 2009
In respect of the Catalina and Sunderland pilots based here in Fermanagh, a formation flight along the Donegal corridor will be flown at 11.00.
Come and see the seaplanes land at Harveys point on Lough Eske.

Unfortunatly the Catalina will not be attending.

All in all it still sounds like a great day out even if you cant make it by air drive to it and bring the family! The 600m runway has not been confirmed yet for anyone who wants to fly in a land plane.

willo
Verified User
Verified User

Post by willo »

9.30 Seaplanes will fly out to Hudson Bay on Lough Rea

I presume that this is Hodson Bay, Lough Ree.

If so thats magic, will get down to that, would be great to see all the floatplanes.

Best of luck with it

Willo

kilo delta
Verified User
Verified User

Post by kilo delta »

I'll definitely call out to Hodson Bay to see y'all. I'll bring the camera too and catch a few snaps for the forums. :)

GJOYT
Verified User
Verified User

Post by GJOYT »

Kilo Delta that would be brilliant! Be great to see all the pics. Sadly I cant attend as I have a bloody communion to go to in England :evil:

kilo delta
Verified User
Verified User

Post by kilo delta »

I'd be glad to help out :).....will they be docking at Hodson Bay Hotel?

Flyer1
Verified User
Verified User

Post by Flyer1 »

Any word on this runway yet lads ?

Untouchable
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Untouchable »

Onetouch
Last edited by Untouchable on Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

kilo delta
Verified User
Verified User

Post by kilo delta »

Any idea of numbers to attend the event GJOYT?

I bought a new camera body today....but don't think that it'll have arrived in time for the Hodson Bay Invasion. :(

GJOYT
Verified User
Verified User

Post by GJOYT »

I'm not completely sure on the numbers to attend but I expect that there should be a good few. Yes I think that they should but I will try come back and confirm more when I can. If you want to help us dock feel free! :P

I am now attending it as I managed to get out of going to England :D

As for the runway I will need to ring Steve and ask but judging by the rain its not looking good but feel free to ring up and ask yourself. Check the site again as alot of details have been updated such as Pilot Information http://www.fermanaghseaplanefestival.co ... sinfo.html

If any of yas see me there feel free to come over and say hello I'll be helping dock or marshall sea planes or doing the radio.

Hope as many of yous can attend!

kilo delta
Verified User
Verified User

Post by kilo delta »

I'll see you there,then ;)

GJOYT
Verified User
Verified User

Post by GJOYT »

Just an update guys!

There will be no grass runway avilable at the share center in Lisnaskea however, there will be a shuttle bus from Enniskillen Airport to the Share Center for any pilots whishing to fly in and attend the event. The shuttle bus will run all day.

Also if your stopping in Enniskillen you might as well make use of the duty free fuel :D

casper
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by casper »