Ireland West Airport Knock Fly-In - May 2nd/3rd 2009

Please notify to this forum any events going on in the country related to Irish Aviation

Moderator: mark

mark
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by mark » Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:30 am

Hi Turboprop,

Breeda is a Business Development Executive with the airport. This fly-in is a joint effort between the airport and the Connaught Aero Club. The Connaught Aero Club CFI is John Kilcoyne (Contact details HERE)

Watch out for an article on Knock Airport in the March Issue of FII Magazine.

Regards,
Mark

Breeda
Unverified User
Unverified User

Fly-In 2009 at Ireland West Airport Knock

Post by Breeda » Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:11 am

Hi All,

Just to let you know; full details of our Fly-In 2009 are now available under the Events section of this website and also on our airport website:
http://www.irelandwestairport.com/airpo ... vices.aspx.

We have received almost 30 registrations already - looking forward to seeing you all here.

Regards,

Breeda :)

buggyB
Verified User
Verified User

Re: Fly-In 2009 at Ireland West Airport Knock

Post by buggyB » Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:30 pm

Breeda wrote:Hi All,

Just to let you know; full details of our Fly-In 2009 are now available under the Events section of this website and also on our airport website:
http://www.irelandwestairport.com/airpo ... vices.aspx.

We have received almost 30 registrations already - looking forward to seeing you all here.

Regards,

Breeda :)

The full stop at the end of the url was stopping it from working
http://www.irelandwestairport.com/airportguide/aviationservices.aspx

Breeda
Unverified User
Unverified User

Fly-In at Ireland West Airport Knock

Post by Breeda » Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:07 pm

Hi All,

Just to keep you updated on our forthcoming Fly-In:

Interest has by far exceeded our expectations; we have attendees registered from all over Ireland and lots from the UK also - numbers are increasing rapidly!!!

Just a reminder to those of you who have not submitted their registration forms yet; get them in before the deadline!!!

If you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact me by email: breedawalsh@irelandwestairport.com or by mobile: 086-8828250.

Thanks a million,

Breeda. :P

jonkil
Verified User
Verified User

Post by jonkil » Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:19 pm

Breeda,
I am going to kick your ass when I see you !

You only went and run the Knock fly-in on the weekend of the Popham show in the UK, one that a lot of us guys travel over to.

Don't worry, we will visit you over the summer.....keep us a bit of food !

Jon

Breeda
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Breeda » Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:19 pm

Hi Jon,

So so so sorry - I promise I won't let this happen again :oops:

You'd never know what we might organise something else here at Ireland West Airport Knock again later in the Summer :roll:

We'll keep a few spuds for all of you who'll be missing such a fine event!!!

Sorry again,

Breeda.

willo
Verified User
Verified User

Post by willo » Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:36 pm

Leinster v Munster on same day, so may not make it now!!

Breeda
Unverified User
Unverified User

Ireland West Airport Knock Fly-In 2009

Post by Breeda » Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:17 pm

Hi All,

We are on the count-down; one week to go!!!!

To-date we have over 60 visiting aircraft registered to attend and numbers are still growing. Apart from Irish attendees, we have aircraft from England, Wales, Scotland and the Isle of Man all hoping to fly in - it's looking like it could be a very exciting day!!

Just a reminder to those of you who have not registered yet and I know there are a few of you; get your forms into me as soon as possible!!

Again, if any of you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact me at any time: 094-9368105 and 086-8828250 or email: breedawalsh@irelandwestairport.com.

See you all soon.

Breeda. :lol:

Breeda
Unverified User
Unverified User

Ireland West Airport Knock Fly-In 2009

Post by Breeda » Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:19 pm

Hi again,

Just to let you know that due to the phenomenal interest in our Fly-In, our ATC have advised that priority to land on the day will be given to those who have submitted registration forms. To avoid disappointment, I would therefore ask any of you who have not submitted this form, to please do so without delay. Forms are available on: http://www.irelandwestairport.com/airpo ... vices.aspx or alternatively I can forward one to you.

Also, both our ATC and Shannon ATC have requested that a flight plan must be filed for both your arrival and departure. I will be emailing all registered attendees tomorrow with all the other final details.

Again, I am contactable at anytime at the above email address and contact numbers should you have any queries in the coming days.

Keep those fingers crossed for good weather! ! ! ! ! !

See you soon,

Breeda :lol:

OSCAR BRAVO
Verified User
Verified User

Post by OSCAR BRAVO » Sat May 02, 2009 6:00 pm

A very pleasent afternoon at knock today.from late morning on aircraft arrived, around 35 different aircraft attended during the day.weather was good too,although it was quite breezy(when is it not windy at knock). some superb displays from EI-EAI,EI-HUM and G-FARL. nice to see EI-CJR and G-CFIF attend also. flyinginireland team there too,so i assume so photos will be up soon.

Divine
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Divine » Sat May 02, 2009 6:47 pm

Super day :) thanks a million to Brenda (Breeda and Enda) and Liam and all involved. Next year I hope to make it for the weekend

Looking forward to the photos :D

CyriltheSquirrel
Unverified User
Unverified User

Great W/e

Post by CyriltheSquirrel » Tue May 05, 2009 9:54 am

Hello Breeda and the Knock Crew.

Many thanks for an outstanding weekend. Looks like you had some devine intervention on the weather!
Great facilities, great craic and a really pleasant crew. Thoroughly enjoyed the trip.

Congratulations on a job really well done.

Many thanks
Cyrill

mark
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by mark » Tue May 05, 2009 11:13 am

Hi guys,

Well done to all the crew at Knock Airport (Breeda & Enda) and the Connaught Aero Club (Carmel & John) for a wonderful fly-in, hopefully it will become an annual fixture.

I got lots of photos so expect a report in the June issue of FII.

Regards,
Mark

holyflyer
Verified User
Verified User

Post by holyflyer » Tue May 05, 2009 3:09 pm

Hope you didn't get a picture of our first attempt at landing on 27 at Connaught. We hit a gust (29kt) at the Threshold wheelbarrowed and went round - not pretty but we got there safely on the second attempt. (I wasn't P1, by the way).

In addition to Breeda and her team (email despatched), and the Connaught Flying Club, a special word of thanks to ATC in the Tower. When we arrived in the CTR they had air displays taking place. As a result there were holds all over the place. We were held at Tobercurry then at Charlestown, then into an extended down wind. So well down to the team in the tower.

A very nice weekend. Good to meet some of the posters in the forum in the flesh.

As we flew towards Waterford on Sunday Shannon suddenly announced to all traffic that there had been an 'en-masse' departure from Connaught with multiple contacts heading towards Birr and Kilkenny. Must have been interesting.

Nanolight
Verified User
Verified User

Post by Nanolight » Tue May 05, 2009 4:22 pm

Any pics lads?
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.