Fairford & Farnborough

Please notify to this forum any events going on in the country related to Irish Aviation

Moderator: mark

koala119
Unverified User
Unverified User

Fairford & Farnborough

Post by koala119 » Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:32 pm

Hi all,

Went Fairford on Thursday and Friday before the show and saw all the rehearsals including the new F-22 Raptor. It flew after the Eurofighter Typhoons display which although was very impressive in its own right, it was not as Impressive as the Raptors display.To actually see it in the flesh was amazing; very powerful and highly maneuverable aircraft.

After finding out on the Saturday evening that Fairford had been completely cancelled we headed for Farnbourogh Airshow. We Went to the show on the Friday and witnessed the huge Airbus A380; to see such a massive aircraft being thrown around the sky was unbelievable, and then to top it all off we saw the Avro Vulcan flying Display; which was jaw dropping. Amazing to see it fly, its a real 'must see'. I believe it burns on average 10,000lbs fuel/hour, so in my opinion they wont be flying it that often i should think, especially with the incresing fuel costs.

I think there might be a change due for RIAT now after the cancellation of this years show, I think they might be changing it from once a year to once every two years. Its the best Military show in the world ive been at least 4 times and it has never failed to impress.

Ill be putting up some pics of the shows soon

Koala119

RV BLUE
Verified User
Verified User

Post by RV BLUE » Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:40 pm

Well glad to hear you enjoyed the Raptor. I'm heading off to Oshkosh next week and I'm looking forward to seeing the Raptor do its thing. I believe from my friends that its awesome.