Airshow 2008 in Ardfert Co. Kerry

Please notify to this forum any events going on in the country related to Irish Aviation

Moderator: mark

redwing
Unverified User
Unverified User

Airshow 2008 in Ardfert Co. Kerry

Post by redwing » Tue May 27, 2008 9:00 am

On July 27th all eyes will be fixed on the skies over Ardfert Village in Co. Kerry. On the Sunday evening. Some Top names in Irish Aviation will visit the event. Included in the line up are Dave Bruton, Gerry Humphreys, and Eddie Goggins. An Aerobatics display of the highest order (Pardon) will kick off around six.

During the day preceeding the event will be a FlyIn at the very close Ardfert Airstrip. Please see Flyins for Airfield Info.

All are Welcome. No Fees etc..

Fun & Festivities Expected[/b]
Last edited by redwing on Wed May 28, 2008 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
redwing

alphaLaura
Verified User
Verified User

Post by alphaLaura » Tue May 27, 2008 12:48 pm

That's after the Bray Airshow which will occur on the same day, yes? Otherwise you'll be short a Sukhoi, Extra and RV!!
The hardest thing about flying is knowing when to say no.
I OWN THE SUN

Nanolight
Verified User
Verified User

Post by Nanolight » Tue May 27, 2008 12:59 pm

Redwing I think I met you in Kilkenny a couple of weeks back... Red Savanah yes? I remember you talking about this. Hope it goes well for you!

J
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

redwing
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by redwing » Tue May 27, 2008 9:33 pm

Thank you nanolight. Should be good. Lot of organizing envolved but we'll get there. Also dont forget the flyin that day... Bring the Samba...

Regards and thanks for the support
redwing

redwing
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by redwing » Wed May 28, 2008 10:10 am

Thank you alphaLaura for the concern. But we have asked the pilots. they are Flying down direct from Wicklow.

Regards Redwing
redwing

j3cub

Post by j3cub » Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:31 am

Post Removed

hum
Verified User
Verified User

Ardfert

Post by hum » Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:55 am

Heard there will be a 'hooley' sunday night... I will be getting into the strip around 18:30 coming from Weston via display at Bray and pickup 1 x pax at Newcastle. The Sukhoi will be close behind (those 470Horses only able to drag that thick wing through the air at a mere 130 Kts! - mind you that is probably true in the vertical as well as the horizontal!!) ... leave a bit of room for us at the strip! Believe Eddie G-man in the Extra not landing Ardfert & going back to Kilrush.

redwing
Unverified User
Unverified User

The Day After Ardfert

Post by redwing » Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:33 pm

Hi to all, Greetings from Kerry. Our Flyin took place in Ardfert airfield Sunday 27th ( Yesterday ). We had a great day, beautiful weather, new friends were made and old friendships reunited. The weather was glorious. I think John Keane might have been smiling down on us. We would like to thank all our visiting pilots. Its was great to see you all. We had many visitors and families to the Airstrip. many just wanting to see a light aircraft up close. Of course Anne Gurnett did a fantastic job as always with her selection of home cooking, Fresh sandwiches and Barrys Tea.
To Finish off the evening. A breathtaking Air display was held over Ardfert. Three of Irelands finest Pilots flew direct from Bray. Eddie Goggins in the Extra, Gerry Humpreys in the RV7 and Dave Bruton in the Sukoi. Gentlemen, We salute you.

See you all soon, Regards Brendan Joe & Jim
redwing