Bray Air Display 2008 - July 27th

Please notify to this forum any events going on in the country related to Irish Aviation

Moderator: mark

mark
Site Admin
Site Admin

Bray Air Display 2008 - July 27th

Post by mark »

alphaLaura
Verified User
Verified User

Post by alphaLaura »

:shock: The Blades. I won't be in the country for it! :(

Glenn
Verified User
Verified User

Post by Glenn »

Blades are brilliant, saw them in the salthill airshow. Definitely recommend them.

historical-avi-irl.i8.com
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by historical-avi-irl.i8.com »

I would have to be up the nard for it! :?

Whiskey Section
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Whiskey Section »

Don't suppose anyone knows what the Air Corps will be bringing to this do ? I have seen a 4 ship of Pilatus doing the rounds, having said that there doesn't seem to be a huge amount of practising going on out in the Don. God I remember back in oul' Air Spectacular days the Silver Swallows would practice for weeks on end. At present there is still only one international act on the bill the aformentioned Blades- and a fantastic team they are, however it would be nice to see a few others.

hum
Verified User
Verified User

Surprise Participant

Post by hum »

Brought a chap from the USAF ANG to the briefing this morning who flies a very large tactical transport aircraft... look out for a big surprise around 1634 tomorrow....

:shock: :D

mark
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by mark »

Hum,

Very nice flying this morning :D Got some nice pics.... larger versions of these photos can be seen at http://www.flyinginirelandmagazine.com/ ... tup&cat=-8

Regards,
Mark Dwyer
www.flyinginireland.com

------------------------------------------------
FlyingInIreland.com:- THE Resource for Irish Aviation Information

michael747
Verified User
Verified User

Post by michael747 »

Damn, I forgot they'd be out practising today, I wont be able to attend tomorrow :( :( :evil:
Regards,
M747
:D

DonalMW
Verified User
Verified User

Post by DonalMW »

Just saw the highlights on the news, looked great!!

The blades are fantastic....

I saw them perform at Salthill....

Remember the Salthill Airshow ??

Happy days........

Let's hope it'll return in 2009......

Whiskey Section
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Whiskey Section »

Was at the show today, unfortunately I missed the first 45 mins or so as the traffic coming into Bray was terrible. Hum- fantastic display, the crowd greatly appreciated it. Nice to go to an airshow in Ireland for a change where it didn't actually rain. The C17 was a great suprise. Have to say the PC 9's where a disappointment, I thought the Cessna's gave a more sprightly show. The Bray Air display is definitely getting better. Looking forward to 09' already.

Flyer1
Verified User
Verified User

Post by Flyer1 »

Sounds like y'all had a good day at Bray. Did anyone manage to get any pictures ?

While ye were all having fun I was beating myself up in an Extra 300 over here :shock:

casper
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by casper »

The C17 was a great suprise.

RAF or USAF?

KeithT
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by KeithT »

It was a USAF C17, I could see it orbiting out over the sea for a while during another display, couldn't make it out and it was a very pleasant sight when it came over, hairs on the back of neck were going crazy :lol:

It was an excellent show, the PC9's five minutes was a let down, I saw them in Bal last summer and they can do so much more, but the 135 and the 172's put on a nice show.

The Blades were fantastic, sheer brilliance. The Aer Arran display was great too, as a big ATR fan I thoroughly enjoyed it :)

Last edited by KeithT on Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

casper
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by casper »

Disappointed that I couldn't make it :( Just looking forward now to Portrush and the Vulcan, Blades, Merlin and Black Cats :)

flyingsky
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by flyingsky »

I too was at the airshow on Sunday. What a perfect day they had for it! My personal favourites had to be the Blades and the Air Corps EC-135.

I was unimpressed by the PC-9s and to be honest....think they were a real disappointment. They've had those aircraft for 4 years now and theres still no sign of a proper display team! I'd love to know what the story is with that?

To the officers in charge of the Air Corps if your reading this......Bring back the Silver Swallows or at least give us all a reason why you wont!

Looking forward to Bray 2009..well done to the organisers.