ENNISKILLEN AIRSHOW 2007-SUN 24th JUNE!!

Please notify to this forum any events going on in the country related to Irish Aviation

Moderator: mark

Hornet
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Hornet »

looks like enniskillen my have to be cancelled due to the strip being waterlogged.... if it is will some of the acts move to salthill ??? more rain due this week :( ..but looks like improving next weekend.... :)

hugoj_air
Verified User
Verified User

Post by hugoj_air »

Thats a new one on me, Waterlogged Tarmac!!!!!

Hugo.

Flyer1
Verified User
Verified User

Post by Flyer1 »

[quote="hugoj_air"]Thats a new one on me, Waterlogged Tarmac!!!!!

Hugo.[/quote]

:lol:

Is the drainage poor in enniskillen ?

Hornet
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Hornet »

the runway may be tarmac.. but do u think everyone would get to park on it with thier cars? :lol: if u cant get the people into the place u have to cancel.. yes Flyer1 the dranage is poor..dosnt help that its at sea level....seems they cant even get in to cut the grass.....

hugoj_air
Verified User
Verified User

Post by hugoj_air »

Hornet wrote:due to the strip being waterlogged.... :)

Your words- not mine :D

Hugo

Warthog
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Warthog »

I can already see a huge influx of people heading South to Salthill.

shrtfld
Verified User
Verified User

Post by shrtfld »

Guys and (Hornet especially)

FYI

EGAB is 155 ft amsl and not at sea level.

I have been speaking to airport ops at EGAB at 10am this morning re obtaining a slot for Sunday. They said Enniskillen does not have a problem with water-logging. Newtownards does!

As far as Enniskillen ops are concerned it is all systems go for Sunday and weather prognosis is looking good.

I'd sooner spend 75mins flying to EGAB rather than three or so hours each way in a car to go to Salthill (from Limerick). That said an awful pity about the clash of dates.
Shrtfld

Warthog
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Warthog »

shrtfld wrote:
I'd sooner spend 75mins flying to EGAB rather than three or so hours each way in a car to go to Salthill (from Limerick). That said an awful pity about the clash of dates.

You know Galway has an Airport...... :roll:

shrtfld
Verified User
Verified User

Post by shrtfld »

Yep and a very nice one too. However last time I flew to Galway I was meeting a client in Salthill on a weekday morning. Taxi from Airport took nearly one hour. Client took 45 mins to drive me back to airport. To get airside I was then put through the single scanner queue (shoes belt etc routine) along with the passengers for 2 departing Aer Arann Flights. Another 20 minutes. Maybe I just hit it all on a particularly bad day.

That said add to the mix thousands of people arriving by road - I think EGAB is the less stressful and more fun option. I have been to Salthill Show two years ago. I have never been to the Enniskillen one. Variety is the spice of life.
Shrtfld

GJOYT
Verified User
Verified User

Post by GJOYT »

Well if you goin to EGAB for the Air Show make sure you ring up and get a slot number. All the info is on the site http://www.enniskillen-airport.co.uk/de ... age361.htm See you there! 8)

GJOYT
Verified User
Verified User

Post by GJOYT »

Hornet what are you talking about????!!! People will just have to park their cars else where then wont they!! Plus the taxi ways are been used for parking cars for now anyways and there is a long road outside for people to park their cars also!! Where did you get this information that it may have to be cancelled?? I am one of many voluntary staff there and I would know about this seeing as I am helping out with the airshow!!

Flyer1
Verified User
Verified User

Post by Flyer1 »

hmm, shrtfld has a great arguement... Last time I was in EICM we had to go through all the ridiculous rigmarole of taking shoes, belts, etc. off. Kind of silly for someone going off in their own aircraft. I often wonder.

shrtfld
Verified User
Verified User

Post by shrtfld »

G-JOYT

Thanks for heads up. Was doing just that this morning when I found out about the incorrect info posted here.

Flyer

when ever I am in an airport I tend to grab a fresh bottle of water for the flight. I am curious to see if someone tries to confiscate it when I go through one of the regional airport scanners. Since the new 30ml regs I have not had the opportunity at somewhere like Galway where you are made go through the scanner and search routine to test the applicability to GA.
Shrtfld

YoYo
Verified User
Verified User

Post by YoYo »

Folks

I was in Galway about 3 weeks ago in a Eurostar. From airside we were sent thru what looked like the crew door. On our return to the aircraft we retraced our steps via the crew door, paid our landing fees etc and then proceeded to the aircraft. We were hand searched but No scanner, removal of belts, shoes etc. All very suprising and civilised.

Also everyone is talking about Galway and Enniskillen. Has no-one heard about the Newtownards airshow on Saturday. You could fly in for Newtownards, stay overnight and then fly onto Galway or Enniskillen, whichever takes your fancy

GJOYT
Verified User
Verified User

Post by GJOYT »

Great success!! :D