ALSAA 2006

Please notify to this forum any events going on in the country related to Irish Aviation

Moderator: mark

Rallye EIBFP
Unverified User
Unverified User

ALSAA 2006

Post by Rallye EIBFP » Sun Oct 08, 2006 11:14 pm

All,

Just been advised that the annual air-fair organised by Aviation Society of Ireland being held at the ALSAA on the 26th November.

FLYbyWIT
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by FLYbyWIT » Mon Oct 09, 2006 8:14 pm

I have been to one or two of these in the past and thoroughly support them and any form of promoting aviation of any sort in Ireland,
However I did notice one thing I care to mention ,,, It was just how I saw it and could be way of the mark.
The PC Pilots club set up a stand normally with a few pc's to demonstrate the flight sims and so on, However some of these guys are obviously deep into their sims and technology but I would have loved to see these knowledgable lads actually out on the floor and nabbing the youngsters and oldies to experiment with the sims themselves, who knows there could be very eager simmers just dying to break out but just to shy to ask for a go. It is a club after all and persumabley benefits with more members. From what I saw it seemed like an opportunity for some guys to show off the skills. Guys I was only their for an hour or two and will stand corrected if this is grossly off the mark, but if not maybe its worth a note to actively invite more people to have a go, its the stand that generally draws the biggest crowd anyway so best of luck lads.

historical-avi-irl.i8.com
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by historical-avi-irl.i8.com » Sun Oct 15, 2006 3:06 am

Again, HASOI will be displaying at the show this year.

Looking forward to seeing everyone there!

Regards

PCPILOT
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by PCPILOT » Thu Nov 23, 2006 9:16 am

FlybyWit,

I have only just seen your post today - I appreciate the points you make and hopefully it was just one of those times in the day that we were sorting some problems out - a couple times during the day we have to reboot systems etc. Both myself and Terry who run the club pride ourselves in trying to attract people of all ages to have a go - and this year will be no different. We will have at least four systems including a new cockpit system that we had specially built recently. If you are there on the day please make yourself known to us - this goes for everyone, if you would like to try out either FS9 or FSX all you have to do is ask.

Ian
PC Pilots Ireland

FLYbyWIT
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by FLYbyWIT » Thu Nov 23, 2006 3:49 pm

Hey Pc Pilot

All the best for sunday, Hope it goes well. Unfortunately I cant make it again this year due work but all the best for a good turn out.

Regards FBW