Anyone else going to Portrush

Please notify to this forum any events going on in the country related to Irish Aviation

Moderator: mark

Buzz Lightyear
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Buzz Lightyear » Thu Aug 31, 2006 11:37 am

Check out Mr Gilligans profile and then all what he has posted to date, he bashed the Bray Airshow, Abbeyshrule Airshow, Red Bull Cashel last year and Punchestown and now Portrush this Year. I think our friend has issues with Airshows in this country other than Salthill........ I will let people draw their own conclusions on the postings :wink: I will be at Portrush this Weekend to enjoy the Irish debut of the Eurofighter and looking forward to a great Airshow and a nice break in N.I.

Michael Gilligan
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Michael Gilligan » Thu Aug 31, 2006 1:36 pm

Now Now Mr Buzz Lightyear what exactly are you implying in your post I dont like the tone of it.

If you are complaining that I like the Salthill Air Show and you dont is that a crime, I like all Air Shows and I stated that in previous posts, but you clearly dont like Salthill, I went to every Air Show on this Island and I support them all North or South I dont care where they are as long as I get the chance to see one.

I went to RAF Valley a few years ago and Southport and on both occasions got drenched with the shows cancelled, thats the reason I took the decision not to go to Portrush. I pray they get a fine weekend and keep your stupid remarks to yourself.
Michael Gilligan

K Byrne
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by K Byrne » Thu Aug 31, 2006 2:24 pm

Michael,
The line up for Portrush is better than Salthill in my opinion. For a fellow from Dublin you are very loyal to Galway, i wonder why :oops: I love the Salthill airshow and attend every year for your information.

Buzz Lightyear
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Buzz Lightyear » Thu Aug 31, 2006 2:42 pm

Why dont we organise a few beers on Sat night at the Royal Court Hotel!! i know of about 15 to 20 people traveling up.
Anyone interested :?: it would be nice to put a face to a name of this board. Please post.

K Byrne
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by K Byrne » Sat Sep 02, 2006 10:31 am

Buzz, i will be there heading up at lunchtime today!! can you post a contact number or does keith have it?

casper
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by casper » Sat Sep 02, 2006 10:09 pm

Sorry Buzz can't meet up :( Only going to make it on Sunday.

As for the arguement over liking/disliking airshows - it really is up to the individual. I love airshows no matter the weather - was at a show at Baldonnel a few years ago that was that windy a Britten Norman Island actually hovered. Farnborough 92 it pissed down but it hasn't dampened my enthusiasm.

Hornet
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Hornet » Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:47 am

i was up for the show yesterday and although the weather cleared up and it was a nice afternoon most fo the acts that i went to see were stuck in england due to the weather...so there was no typhoon..no harrier..no falcons..no blue eagles..no bbmf.. so i was a little upset... :x ... i think it would be a good idea to move the show to a summer slot.. the stalls and ground displays were excellent and the venue is lovely..pity the time of year the show is on has a very high chance of bad weather....i was going to go back today but the forecast isnt good today either....but i hope anybody who does go gets a full show.... heres hoping for better weather next time.... :lol: