Mach1 Airshow Cancellation.

Please notify to this forum any events going on in the country related to Irish Aviation

Moderator: mark

tom in weston
Verified User
Verified User

Mach1 Airshow Cancellation.

Post by tom in weston » Fri Jun 02, 2006 2:55 pm

First of all let me start by saying what a great shame it is that the airshow had to be cancelled this weekend and surprise surprise the weather was going to be good!

I would have thought that the organisers given the fact that they have the intelligence and knowledge to organise the event in the first place should have known about this spectator license.

What about all the people that won't know that the show has been cancelled, i'm in Weston nearlly everyday, around lots of people involved in the aviation buisness and I only found out this morning, whats going to happen all the other people with families planning to go to the show who are not involved in the aviation industry or check this website daily?

Shame on Kildare County Council for not trying to come to a compromise with the organisers but the organisers should be very embaressed at the fact they didn't check this out in the first place.

2 days before the event and they come out with this news. The phrase "couldn't organise a pissup in a beer factory" comes to mind!

Biturbo
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Biturbo » Fri Jun 02, 2006 6:12 pm

Let's not judge too harshly. We hurlers on the ditch don't know the full truth of what happened when - we just see the end result.

Just as there's people giving out about the cancellation now, there were posters on the forum giving out about the show not being free like it was in Bray.

The guys involved previously organised the airshow in Bray which demonstrated to me at least that they knew what they were about and had the necessary expertise.

Furthermore they had the motivation to actually get up off their backsides and try to organise a show in the first place, which is more than I've done recently!

K Byrne
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by K Byrne » Fri Jun 02, 2006 9:46 pm

i agree with you biturbo, if all the airshows in ireland to date have not required one of these licences why now??

Sticksforward
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Sticksforward » Fri Jun 02, 2006 11:20 pm

PROBALLY THE WORST COUNTY COUNCIL IN IRELAND TO DEAL WITH, HOPE THE ORGANISERS CLAIM NOW FOR LOSS OF EARNINGS :wink:

mrbungle
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by mrbungle » Fri Jun 02, 2006 11:21 pm

I always wondered why the adverts always said: " Subject to licence ".

Now I know.

Biffo
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Biffo » Fri Jun 02, 2006 11:42 pm

yeah but is that IAA or County Council licence?? its either one or the other, wasnt salthill down this road before some years ago! do they need this so called County licence?

tom in weston
Verified User
Verified User

Post by tom in weston » Sat Jun 03, 2006 1:07 pm

I aggree with what each of you has said. i was at the show in Bray last year, well done to the lads that organised it. I'm sure it's not the easiest thing in the world to do, organise an airshow, but thats my point if someone has the skill, knowledge and intelligence to organise an airshow to the magnitide of Mach1 they should have checked all the avenues with the County Council, I'm also sure that this is not something Kildare County Council dreamt up in the last week.

They don't get off scot free either, K.C.C. could have and more importantly SHOULD have come to a compromise with the show organisers. I can just see hundreds of families arriving for the show tomorrow and Monday, not knowing that the show has been cancelled. Ithink to come out with news of a cancelation two days before the event is unfare to all the people that don't check this site regularly, the show was advertised onT.V. why don't the organisers make an announcement on T.V. and radio that the show is cancelled?

It's a great shame, but at least we have Salthill to look forward to.

Sticksforward
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Sticksforward » Tue Jun 06, 2006 6:28 pm

Is their any chance that GCC could adopt the same stance as the Mach 1 show and insist a county council licence is in place :!:

Dutch Roll
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Dutch Roll » Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:29 pm

i presume you mean galway council?? the salthill airshow is a massive tourist/money opportunity for galway and always was,they wouldnt screw up the airshow for what its worth to them,that license is probably well sorted in advance-always.
115 VAC @400Hz

Heliops
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Heliops » Wed Jun 07, 2006 12:10 am

Dutch Roll wrote:i presume you mean galway council?? the salthill airshow is a massive tourist/money opportunity for galway and always was,they wouldnt screw up the airshow for what its worth to them,that license is probably well sorted in advance-always.

Well said i back that, they have their s**t sorted! Roll on June 25th!