Clubs in the greater Dublin area

This is an experimental forum that will be run on a trial basis. Users can discuss any topic outside of aviation....just keep it clean!!

Moderator: mark

Thermoman
Unverified User
Unverified User

Clubs in the greater Dublin area

Post by Thermoman » Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:43 am

Hi, does anyone know of any clubs in the Dublin area looking for new members. Myself and a friend are interested in joining a club. We have both been flying out of Weston for the last 5 years and are tired of paying the high prices the schools are charging. Recent developments at Weston have also spurred us on to look at the possibility of joining a club in Kilrush or Newcastle or one of the other airfields in the greater Dublin area. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

regards

xpro
Verified User
Verified User

Re: Clubs in the greater Dublin area

Post by xpro » Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:45 am

Hi,
A good few clubs based around Dublin. Some of them with great availability's
Theres Trim flying club based in Trim. I think they are taking on new members, then you have DublinFlyers based in Weston, The Hotel Bravo Flying club, also based in Weston .You also have East Coast based in Weston, not a flying club, but the rates are good. Think around 180per hour , which is pretty much similar to other clubs.

With clubs you will have monthly fees so take that into consideration, it all depends on how often you are willing to fly. Obviously the more you fly, you will justify the monthly costs.

Theres also flying clubs in Newcastle and Abbeyshrule, which I'm not that familiar with.

Regards,