I currently hold a ppl with about 200hrs flown mainly on c172's and pa28s, like most of ye here i love my flying but its starting to get prohibitively expensive, also the school i hire from are training mainly commercial students now and hiring an aircraft now for any significant period of time is next or near impossible, because of these over the past 2 years i've managed to just about stay current but i have'nt had anything that i could describe as quality flying.
Obviously buying a share in an aircraft would be a simple solution however the options available to me in my home base are old high time avgas guzzlers and although it would solve the availability issue im not sure they represent value for money.
I was thinking about converting to a ppl (m) and possibly purchasing a pegasus or something similiar to base locally but i have a few questions
1. Whats involved in converting the licence...hours to be flown, written exams, flight test?
2. Schools for training in the south of ireland preferably flexwing...and if known price per hr dual and solo
3. Are they practical touring machines when you consider irelands unpredictable weather!
4. Has anyone bought there own machine...whats the insurance requirements, can the maintenance be done by the operator, what fuel type does something like a pegasus use,
And last but not least
5. Does anyone have any website names with microlights for sale or even general info