Aerobatic Gift Flight

Intertesed in getting into aerobatics in Ireland? Have questions about aerobatic figures or flying particular manoeuvres? Ask them here!

Moderator: mark

dhblewis
Unverified User
Unverified User

Aerobatic Gift Flight

Post by dhblewis » Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:38 am

Is there anywhere in Ireland you can get an aerobatic Gift/test flight? My brother has always wanted to be in an aerobatic plane but has no license and his birthday is coming up.

michael747
Verified User
Verified User

Post by michael747 » Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:51 pm

dhblewis,

There are no specified aerobatics flight schools on the island.
But if you can find an FTO that has a C150 Aerobat it's probably the best idea. I think the NFC have one (at least they did) and i think there's one in Abbeyshrule aswell.

Skytrace in Weston used to have a YAK52 but that was years ago... but they do have a robin thats aerobatic but i think they refuse to do loops in it as it's a training aircraft for PPL's.

If you find yourself in the UK near Kemble airfield, the Ultimate High are pretty amazing with an option of two aircraft. I flew the extra with them and it was an amazing experience - especially the part where i was chasing another plane :D

http://www.ultimatehigh.co.uk/

But hopefully with the demand for aeros in this country sky rocketing at the moment, there will be a school set up in the next year or so......

Maybe some of the guys/girls that were at the Plane Crazy Day in EINC can tell you some more.

Best of luck
Regards,
M747
:D

Bates106
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Bates106 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:28 pm

try www.topgifts.ie ,check out the flying section!! :D

dhblewis
Unverified User
Unverified User