A forum for aircraft engineers to discuss topics of interest

Moderator: mark

koala119
Unverified User
Unverified User

Part-66 License Exams Validity

Post by koala119 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:33 pm

Hi,
I have completed all my examinations for the B2 Part-66 Aircraft engineers licence, I am now trying to aquire all the practical maintenance experience required by the authority for issue of the license.

The question I have is will my exams expire or will they still be valid in few years time when i have accumulated all the practical experience required?

Thanks

Koala119

Bob
Verified User
Verified User

Re: Part-66 License Exams Validity

Post by Bob » Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:54 pm

Your clock is said to start from when you pass your first exam. So you've 5 years to pass all your exams, get the experience and apply for the license. You won't have to repeat all your exams once you've hit 5 years just the ones that are more than 5 years old.

It might be worth considering doing the extra few exams that's needed to apply for an A license, or better still do them to B1. The reason I say this, is that if you get an A license, which has a reduced experience requirement, the clock for the exams no longer matters and you can later apply for the B1/B2 when you have the required experience for it.

Just to clarify, you will need a license before the 5 year clock stops. That means getting the application with the required experience, having your exams a lone will not stop the clock.

Regards,
Bob