Maynooth VRP

This is a section where users can post pictures and video links

Moderator: mark

mark
Site Admin
Site Admin

Maynooth VRP

Post by mark » Thu Jul 08, 2004 2:33 pm

For those of you unfamiliar with the approach to Weston here it is......Approach to the north of Maynooth at 1450ft QNH and give Weston a call on 122.40Mhz. Below is a picture of Maynooth while inbound to Weston

Regards,
Mark

fireblade900
Unverified User
Unverified User

Weston inbound VRP's

Post by fireblade900 » Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:03 pm

Hi I know the thread above was posted in 2004, so I presume reporting points have now changed since. I.e. Weston Airspace expanded in 2006.

Last Saturday I reported overhead Maynooth, and then was called in to the tower for a chat :shock: , Was told I reported too late, coming in from the West I should have reported overhead Kilcock.

Anyone any other VRP's that are good to use as reference points prior to inbound from the West.... ie.. Maynooth was perfect for the church tower :P

Whisky Tango
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Whisky Tango » Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:01 pm

You have Enfield, then the M4 Toll Plaza (on your right). At that point you are approaching Kilcock, so should be down to 1500ft QNH and making a call to Weston. The zone entry point is just to the west of Maynooth, so you were already inside it when you called them. They usually get you to report north of Maynooth, then depending on the runway, report either overhead the field or join left downwind 07 or right downwind 25

michael747
Verified User
Verified User

Re: Weston inbound VRP's

Post by michael747 » Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:41 am

fireblade900 wrote:Last Saturday I reported overhead Maynooth, and then was called in to the tower for a chat :shock: , Was told I reported too late, coming in from the West I should have reported overhead Kilcock.

You were already in Dublin CTR :shock: :shock: You could lose you license for that..... :oops: :oops: :oops:

I dont know why you left it so late to contact them... And you should have done your research flying into a congested like Dublin CTR/ Weston AOR.... If you look at the approach map you'll see that the zone is half way in between Maynooth and Kilcock inbound to EIWT.

Here's the chart i'm talking about:
http://www.westonairport.com/pdfs/visua ... _chart.pdf

You wouldn't call Dublin Tower if at Dunshauglin - At least 10 miles away :lol: :lol: :lol:

Maybe you were a visiting aircraft thats why they were disappointed, It's a bit different for aircraft based at the airfield who know all the procedures like the back of their hand.

Be a bit more prepared next time, And you can never call them too early in my opinion - It's good airmanship :D

Dont let it put you off visiting again though....

PS: The procedure years ago was to report north of Maynooth, but EIWT was not inside Dublins CTR at the time.
Regards,
M747
:D