aviation loans in ireland?

Here's a section for all our rotorheads, both helis and gyros!

Moderator: mark

-Al-
Unverified User
Unverified User

aviation loans in ireland?

Post by -Al- »

does anyone know if anywhere does aviation specific loans, ive seen them advertised in the UK and US but never anything here.

?
--- "Hey there blimpy boy, flying so high and fancy free" --- Homer Simpson

EIDEL
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by EIDEL »

:D Your local credit union is a very good bet :)

-Al-
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by -Al- »

true, was gonna go to bank anyway, just thought id see about aviation ones, they might be more friendly when it comes to handing over the money.

How are banks at handing 45000+ to 19 year olds? :D
--- "Hey there blimpy boy, flying so high and fancy free" --- Homer Simpson

Biturbo
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Biturbo »

I got Eur5,000 from my credit union when I bought my stake in N3109X. They didn't have a category for it and wrote it up as a car loan. They reckoned that if I was rich enough to buy an aeroplane, I must be good for the credit. Wrong on both counts, since it was their money not mine, but it was nice to meet somebody for whom aviation appeared glamorous

EIDEL
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by EIDEL »

:roll: Hopoe to the C/U Told ya so . But if you don't repay you are ripping off your own community :cry:

StephenM
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by StephenM »

Anyway, Credit Unions cant create their own credit (Banks can create up to ?9 for every ?1 deposited, depending on what the CB and ECB allow.), so dont forget that they are somebodys savings you have invested in a plane...

Biturbo
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Biturbo »

...and that they know where you live...

To avoid confusion and to protect my own (moderately) good name, I'd like to point out that my credit history is perfect and no credit union has suffered as a result of dealing with me....but they could well have as their credit scoring and application assessment isn't as thorough as I would use in my day job.

Then again it is a mutual society not a hard-nosed IFSC outfit. As I said earlier they know where you live and could make things very difficult for you with the resident's association!

EIDEL
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by EIDEL »

:) YO Bitzy its the spirit of the c/u's that deserves the ultimate respect .It is so nice to be trusted in this day of paranoia and misery .If one violates that trust one must surely be damned. Anyway I've yet to meet a dishonourable pilot. ratty stingy tight sure How can you be dishonest when you fly with the angels :lol: .

ceatach
Verified User
Verified User

Post by ceatach »

I remember someone telling me about getting a 'career loan' from HSBC...and paying for cpl/Multi IR.