Page 1 of 1


Posted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 7:31 am
by steve
any body know who could do a convertion faa ppl/h to iaa jar ppl/h on a n reg md600

Posted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 8:42 am
by Delta Sierra
Try Steve Walker in European Helicopter Academy over at Weston.

Posted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 11:22 am
by pensive
Nobody in Ireland can do anything on 500. Get a good rating by going to UK cos operators there of 500/600's have at least some type experience. Try getting hold of Dennis Kenyon for it, knows a lot about that type. It also helps to avoid IAA licensing issues, UK CAA make it easier! IMHO 8)

Posted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 2:15 pm
by Guest
I think there is a flight Instructor in Galway who has been known to fly around in a G reg 500, no harm enquiring at Weston and Carnmore

Posted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 10:25 pm
by Whatsarunway
If you have an faa ppl and the heli you want to fly is on the N reg then you dont need any jar or iaa licence, just make sure you hold a faa class one or two medical as the class three medical is not reckognised over this side of the pond. You can do the differences training with a guy in premier aviation in weston who is an faa instructor. :wink: