Hour building

Here's a section for all our rotorheads, both helis and gyros!

Moderator: mark

tu154
Unverified User
Unverified User

Hour building

Post by tu154 »

In a couple of months I'll be looking to do some hour building to get to the blessed 150, will be in the order of 30 to 40 hours.
What have other people done in terms of hour building to get the hours up, fly in various environments, build experience, and.....do it for a reasonable price?

The options I'm aware of are:
Do it with the school I did the PPL with - availability of machines an issue, not that cheap.
Talk to the school I decide to do the CPL with in the UK and see what they can do - unkown quantity hence this question.
Buy a machine with someone - probably too complicated for my circumstances.
Find someone who's willing to rent me their machine at top notch rates - get in!!

I welcome your contributions. Well the useful ones.

pensive
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by pensive »

Email me with a contact email address and I can find you cheap heli in UK. Did it myself and way cheaper than Ireland.
pensive@eircom.net

Post by Guest »

I did some flying down in New Zealand, when all things added up, it may have been slightly more expensive then here, but the flying was great.
A lot of people go to South Africa, could be wirth checking out.

However if you want a job in ireland, it is good to get to know the place and who is who, it seems employers are starting to take an unwelcoming view to those of us who bring our business elsewhere and expect to come home to a rosie job.

tu154
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by tu154 »

You have a point, but there's only one place to do the CPL(H) in Ireland currently, so there's not much choice and almost everyone still seems to be doing it elsewhere.
I've done all of my 100 hours in Ireland, so I do know it reasonably well.
I'm doing the UK ATPL ground school so it's a CAA provider I'll be doing the CPL with.
Pensive, emailed you.