Kinsale Gas Field

Here's a section for all our rotorheads, both helis and gyros!

Moderator: mark

CVR
Unverified User
Unverified User

Kinsale Gas Field

Post by CVR » Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:36 pm

Just heard today that the Contract for the Kinsale Field was awarded to Bond, Not great news for CHC.
FLY SAFE AND ENJOY

TrickyDicky
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by TrickyDicky » Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:58 am

If I were in Irish Helis I would be kicking myself right now.

It looks like it has gone to Bond Air Services with an EC135!!

IHL have the same offshore capabilities as BAS, operate EC135 and already have an AOC in Ireland. It was there for the taking and they appear to have dropped the ball!

Suppose it looked like CHC would get it so no point going in.

Bladecrack
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Bladecrack » Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:38 pm

Comments deleted.
Last edited by Bladecrack on Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by 501 » Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:07 am

Doubt it. You don't just slap on a winch and away you go. IAA would have something to say. Besides why winch out an engineer, when you can simply land ? !

pensive
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by pensive » Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:23 pm

But why the winch?
CHC never had one on their 365, IHL before never had one on the old 212.
And if it was needed I would say NHV have more winching experience with the 365 than Bond have with the 135........
P

N714GZ
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by N714GZ » Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:02 pm

Guys,

A requirement for a winch is either included in the tender or it isn't relevant. To award on that basis if it is not a tender requirement is illegal and downright foolish.

Speculating that this is the reason the tender went one way and not the other without any knowledge of the facts also falls into the foolish category.

I have yet to see a wind turbine with a helipad so it only stands to reason that a winch would be necessary for that line of work. There is absolutely no reason to speculate that the Bond helicopter destined for here will have a redundant winch fitted. Extra weight/drag for a higher fuel burn.

If the previous operation in Cork is anything to go by, Bond will send only one helicopter here, on an Irish AOC and Irish registration. It will be fitted primarily for the task at hand.

4GZ

bolkow
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by bolkow » Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:37 am

N714GZ wrote:Guys,

A requirement for a winch is either included in the tender or it isn't relevant. To award on that basis if it is not a tender requirement is illegal and downright foolish.

Speculating that this is the reason the tender went one way and not the other without any knowledge of the facts also falls into the foolish category.

I have yet to see a wind turbine with a helipad so it only stands to reason that a winch would be necessary for that line of work. There is absolutely no reason to speculate that the Bond helicopter destined for here will have a redundant winch fitted. Extra weight/drag for a higher fuel burn.

If the previous operation in Cork is anything to go by, Bond will send only one helicopter here, on an Irish AOC and Irish registration. It will be fitted primarily for the task at hand.

4GZ
I reckon yuo have it on the button there!

pauldaly
Unverified User
Unverified User

Re: Kinsale Gas Field

Post by pauldaly » Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:37 pm

Evening all,

See below for pics of the Bond EC135 based at Cork.

Regards,

Paul

bolkow
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by bolkow » Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:33 pm

does anybody have any idea how much flying time this bird is getting per month? I do remember the old irish ehlicopters bell212 some months used to notch up 70 hours and given the smaller size of this machine was wondering if its flying time is significantly higher if it carries the same volume of personnel or goods in and out?

pauldaly
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by pauldaly » Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:40 pm

Hey Bolkow,

It usually does about 2-3 flights a day sometimes more. It's hard to notice these days as it now operates from a purpose built helipad at the flying club!

Regards,

Paul

bolkow
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by bolkow » Wed May 05, 2010 3:18 pm

pauldaly wrote:Hey Bolkow,

It usually does about 2-3 flights a day sometimes more. It's hard to notice these days as it now operates from a purpose built helipad at the flying club!

Regards,

Paul
Thanks for that reply Paul, I figured it must be doing multiple flights given it is a much smaller aorcraft thatn its ancestors, the Dauphin and Bell 212.

regards

Felix