G-INFO equivalent Irish site?

Here's a section for all our rotorheads, both helis and gyros!

Moderator: mark

bolkow
Unverified User
Unverified User

G-INFO equivalent Irish site?

Post by bolkow » Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:35 pm

In the uK there is a website (G-INFO aircraft database) which even lists airframe times on individual aircraft. I was just wondering if there is a similar site that rpovides this information on the Irish scene? Anyone know?

hugoj_air
Verified User
Verified User

Re: G-INFO equivalent Irish site?

Post by hugoj_air » Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:44 pm

bolkow wrote:In the uK there is a website (G-INFO aircraft database) which even lists airframe times on individual aircraft. I was just wondering if there is a similar site that rpovides this information on the Irish scene? Anyone know?

Bolkow, sadly as far as I know there is not a similar Irish site to G-INFO.
The closest we have is the out of date "current" list of the Irish Aircraft Register on the IAA website (they try their best with what they have).
The most comprehensive historic listing of Irish registered aircraft I have come across was published in book form by Peter Hornfeck (RIP) in 1999. But even that has it's faults. As with any publication, it's was out of date
the moment it's published.

Hugo.

bolkow
Unverified User
Unverified User

Re: G-INFO equivalent Irish site?

Post by bolkow » Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:20 pm

hugoj_air wrote:
bolkow wrote:In the uK there is a website (G-INFO aircraft database) which even lists airframe times on individual aircraft. I was just wondering if there is a similar site that rpovides this information on the Irish scene? Anyone know?

Bolkow, sadly as far as I know there is not a similar Irish site to G-INFO.
The closest we have is the out of date "current" list of the Irish Aircraft Register on the IAA website (they try their best with what they have).
The most comprehensive historic listing of Irish registered aircraft I have come across was published in book form by Peter Hornfeck (RIP) in 1999. But even that has it's faults. As with any publication, it's was out of date
the moment it's published.

Hugo.
OK, thanks for that hugo, it sure would be an interesting read if they did have such an equivalent. Love looking up accumulated airframe hours on the register here. Some of those bond bolkows really hammer out the hours.