Page 1 of 1

Instructor Only?

Posted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 1:14 pm
by TrickyDicky
Hi all,
Quick question. If a person owns a helicopter such as an R22 or has the access to one can they pay for 'instructor only' lessons and ground school on it?
If so any idea how much per hour?

Posted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:23 pm
by The WingFlinger
Bear in mind that you may have trouble getting your hours logged if you're not operating from a licensed airfield.

Posted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:44 pm
by buggyB
That is an interesting question, and one to which I don't have an answer. But it raises the additional question of whether any aircraft involved in paid training is required to have and aerial work CofA and makes me wonder would the insurance therefore be sticky should anything happen. It wouldn't be a problem if say getting checked out in a particular aircraft or when getting some form of refresher/differences training, but when one is clearly working towards achieving a rating....??

Posted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 2:29 am
by tu154
As side from the fact that training can only be done at a licensed airfield, you can only do PPL training through a course with an RTF, Registered Training Facility.
Which is not to say it doesn't happen, but the hours would not be loggable towards the licence issue.