Stolen Headsets

Here's a section for all our rotorheads, both helis and gyros!

Moderator: mark

bobhaugh
Unverified User
Unverified User

Stolen Headsets

Post by bobhaugh » Sun Jan 06, 2008 7:03 pm

Hi Guys
Im new to this forum and sorry for using it for personal gain...
I recently had 2 x BOSE headsets stolen from my helicopter, the helicopter was hangered at Weston and the headsets were removed from the back seats. The drivers door was forced open. Someobody other than the thief knows about this and they may even have been stolen to order. If you know anything about this i woudl be very greateful if you could contact me in confidence on 086-2605984. The aircraft is EI-EGG. I am waiting on the serial numbers from Heliair and once i have these i will be writing to all engineers asking them to check aircraft as they come in for maintenance. It is very frustrating to know that someone forced entry to an aircraft, particularly while in a hangar. Thank you for taking the time to read this and i hope to hear from you.
Sincerely
Bob Haugh

Flyer1
Verified User
Verified User

Post by Flyer1 » Sun Jan 06, 2008 7:13 pm

Bob, how long ago was this ?

bobhaugh
Unverified User
Unverified User

Stolen Headsets

Post by bobhaugh » Sun Jan 06, 2008 8:08 pm

Hi there

I cant be certain but probably within the past 5 weeks. I landed back with 3 pax about 5 weeks ago. The heli then went for maintenance and when the engineer brought it back to me i noticed the sets were gone - i obviously assumed they were taken out during maintenance and not put back. When I spoke to the engineer about this he said they were not with him but it might explain the fact that my door lock was broken when he came to collect it. Who ever took them went to the bother of taking the back seat ones, presumably they assumed it would take longer for me to notice them missing?

bob

hum
Verified User
Verified User

Stolen Bose Headsets

Post by hum » Mon Jan 07, 2008 12:09 pm

Hi, sorry to hear about this.

What type were they? BOSE X presumably?

Aircraft or battery powered?

Single Heli US/'NATO' - type plug or 2-plugs?

Coiled leads or 'straight' ?

Keep an eye on e-bay.

bobhaugh
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by bobhaugh » Mon Jan 07, 2008 1:55 pm

Hi there

They are Bose X and factory fitted so probably more unusual than most? Coiled cabel and power source in aircraft. No distinguising features.
The annoying part is that the thief may not have know they are only useful if you have the correct connector (in the heli) so probably not of any use to the person that now has them.

Cheers

Bob

tiny
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by tiny » Thu Jan 24, 2008 1:25 am

Bob,
Just wondering if you had any luck in getting the head sets back??

Tiny

bobhaugh
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by bobhaugh » Sat Feb 02, 2008 7:02 pm

Thanks for asking - no luck and nobody seems to know anything about them. The matter is being handled by Weston management, i will keep you posted.

Thank you

Bob

historical-avi-irl.i8.com
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by historical-avi-irl.i8.com » Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:44 am

Hmm,
You would think CCTV would be an obvious inclusion to any building housing millions of euro worth of anything, let alone machines which are potentially lethal if tampered with!

Best of luck finding the culprits