Page 1 of 1

FAA PPL(H) Medical for Irish Airspace

Posted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 12:28 pm
by tiny
Will a class 3 Faa medical do for flying a IE reg bird or do you have to have a class 2Med??

Also, Where can you get a FAA Medical done. The Dr in Fitswilliam Sq (i think) is off on holidays & fully booked up, And the only other one i can find is Dr Helen McAteer up in Maine Medical Practice, Ballymena.

I need to get one done in the next few days......

Chers all.....

Posted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 4:20 pm
by Nanolight
There is a list of Docs on the NMAI site. Not sure how up-to-date it is though, but it might be of some help to you.

Click on 'Doctors' on the left.

Posted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 11:49 pm
by tiny
Are they not just JAA and JAR medical doctors???

I need a FAA class 2 Medical

Thanks anyway!!!

Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:17 am
by YoYo

A friend was in a similar situation. He got a booking in Ballymena in 2 days. Went up and down on the day. Most of the journey is motorway and dual carriageway except for the border portion. 3 hours each way if you stay within the spped limits

Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:56 pm
by tiny

Did he get a class 2 or 3 medical?? and is he flying on a FAA PPL(H)??

I actually got talking to the doctor up there today & an going up on wednesday.....



Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 1:02 pm
by YoYo

Hope you got a class 2!!

Posted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 1:27 pm
by tiny

Yea, i got a class 2.......