Air corps pilot to airline pilot???

This is a forum where student pilots can post their questions for more experienced pilots and instructors to answer

Moderator: mark

Davey
Unverified User
Unverified User

Air corps pilot to airline pilot???

Post by Davey »

Hey Y'all....
Just wondering does anyone know if many air corps pilots become airline pilots after a career in the corps??
Do most airlines have an upper age limit for a pilot joining them??
What ratings/licenses do you receive in the corps??
Do airlines look favourably upon former air corps pilots etc..???
Dave :) :D :shock:

buzz
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by buzz »

Hey Y'all....
Just wondering does anyone know if many air corps pilots become airline pilots after a career in the corps??
Do most airlines have an upper age limit for a pilot joining them??
What ratings/licenses do you receive in the corps??
Do airlines look favourably upon former air corps pilots etc..???

Yes, many do.

Not really but younger the better.

PPL I think. The rest they must study for themselves like the rest of us. But then the flying is paid for.

Of course they look favourably on ex military pilots. But they have to pass al the same tests as everyone else.

historical-avi-irl.i8.com
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by historical-avi-irl.i8.com »

As far as I'm aware- you get a PPL if you are just using fixed wing "light aircraft"- but a type rating on a Learjet 45 can't go down badly towards your future career.

Heli Pilots in the Air Corps get a full PPL (H) liecence with night & instrument rating (most of the work done towards your CPL).

- Yes alot of pilots in the past have gone onto airlines, I know a guy who set up a Hele flight school, after leaving the Air Corps!

If you wish to find out more- I suggest you try the IrishAirPics.com forum- which is mostly full of Air Corps guys- can't remember the address- but you'll get there from www.irishairpics.com

Regards, :lol:

mavman
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by mavman »

you can get a cpl after u're training (fixed and heli) and the school over there now is set up to run atpl courses which covers you're ground school for atpls, all you have to do is pay for the iaa exams so after you're training you end up with a cpl licence and atpl exams finished. I heard this through a friend a while back but saw it confirmed on the oxford aviation website, the air corps use their package