ATC Training SNN

This is a forum where student pilots can post their questions for more experienced pilots and instructors to answer

Moderator: mark

Rallye EIBFP
Unverified User
Unverified User

ATC Training SNN

Post by Rallye EIBFP » Tue Jun 28, 2005 10:16 pm

Hi Lads

My ultimate carreer path when I leave school is ATC- Has anyone trained in the new facility in SNN?

What are the odds of getting a job in SNN when you leave? Any nessecary qualifiications?

Cheers

Dutch Roll
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Dutch Roll » Wed Jun 29, 2005 9:02 pm

dude,if you go to www.iaa.ie and email them they will send you an info pack,however they wont be recruiting in the near future,itl be years,they could hardly find employment for their last recruits,some had to go abroad,theres also a massive failure rate.

EIDEL
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by EIDEL » Thu Jun 30, 2005 7:59 pm

:?: I was under the impression one had to be available for work in atc ei upon graduation and serve a required number of years :?

EIWAT
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by EIWAT » Fri Jul 01, 2005 2:25 pm

From what the iaa told me they will begin recruiting within the next 6 month for a new atc class
Regards

EI-WAT

Dutch Roll
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Dutch Roll » Tue Jul 05, 2005 8:45 am

i dont think so,they always advertise in april when they do

angelshigh
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by angelshigh » Tue Jul 05, 2005 12:06 pm

Hi

I agree with Dutch...the last lot had no positions and had to go abroad, I even think that the IAA suspended some of the trainees depending on how far inio the course they were. Meant the guys and gals had to get other Jobs after giving up their old ones.

Rallye EIBFP
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Rallye EIBFP » Tue Jul 05, 2005 12:20 pm

Looks like the Air Corps for me so!

Dutch Roll
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Dutch Roll » Tue Jul 05, 2005 12:34 pm

ya they do atc internally,i know someone that did it

EI717
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by EI717 » Fri Jul 22, 2005 11:20 pm

EI-WAT i seriously doubt they will be taking on controllers anytime soon
, they basically screwed the last class of cadets they employed, left them go half way through their training, some went abroad to south africa working and the rest of the class stayed at home and went back to their old jobs, i think now that they may be back training now 2 years after they were let go, i also emailed the iaa bout the possibility of recruiting a class anytime soon but they responded that no class will be recruited for the foreseeable future.

AndyMax
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by AndyMax » Sat Jul 23, 2005 12:52 pm

dont these guys/girls who "push tin" get burnt out from stress after a few years? So it can hardly be described as a career can it?

EIWAT
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by EIWAT » Sat Jul 23, 2005 8:51 pm

EI717 wrote:EI-WAT i seriously doubt they will be taking on controllers anytime soon
, they basically screwed the last class of cadets they employed, left them go half way through their training, some went abroad to south africa working and the rest of the class stayed at home and went back to their old jobs, i think now that they may be back training now 2 years after they were let go, i also emailed the iaa bout the possibility of recruiting a class anytime soon but they responded that no class will be recruited for the foreseeable future.

Thats where your wrong as i know 1 person from the last class who is working in eiwf
Regards

EI-WAT

FLYbyWIT
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by FLYbyWIT » Sun Jul 24, 2005 2:46 pm

I went for that selection some years ago with ATC for the experience and funningly enough was offered the position but decided to turn it down as I was also in the midst of my flight training, few months later I heard they cut the course and left them high and dry, and boy did that make me feel happy about my decision. Of course I was very dissapointed in there treatment of the other guys/gals, but to be honest airlines or governing bodies or agencies or whatever have budgets to adhere to and its always the wannabe ATCer or pilot that takes the fall. As for one guy outta that group landing a position in WF, it hardly constitutes a sucessful cadet class. A great career if it gets going again, financially very rewarding and as for burn out, In Ireland our you kidding me.
Last edited by FLYbyWIT on Sun Jul 24, 2005 9:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

StephenM
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by StephenM » Sun Jul 24, 2005 9:28 pm

Hmm it took them 5mins to reply to my email, yet a couple of weeks on my info pack is nowhere to be seen. Well I'll be 2/3rds of they way through my planned B.Comm by the time she said they will be looking for new ATCO's.

VATSIM is good enough for ATC for me for now!

Dutch Roll
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Dutch Roll » Mon Jul 25, 2005 9:06 am

exactly,normally they'd pull people with a qualification anyway so you might as well get a qualification!! the failure rate is so high for this,ive heard about some of the stuff they do to ya during training!!

danelane2000
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by danelane2000 » Mon Jul 25, 2005 11:51 pm

Andrew please read my post again, i quote myself
Ah come on now, you cant hardly call it controlling in waterford... With 2 aer aranns a day and mostly G.A a/c..

I didnt say i wasent happy with Waterford's ATC nor do i want to make a complain to him. Yes i was happy when i got the visit to the tower, and every ATCO does a great job....

Regards,
Patrick
Cork Live Director,
www.cork-live.com