Renewing/Revalidate CAA PPL and Medical

This is a forum where student pilots can post their questions for more experienced pilots and instructors to answer

Moderator: mark

Mav
Verified User
Verified User

Renewing/Revalidate CAA PPL and Medical

Post by Mav » Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:09 pm

Hi Guys,

Hoping someone can help me out here.

I passed my PPL on 04-04-11, and applied for my licence on 26-08-11 (date of issue). This is a UK CAA PPL.
Foolishly I thought I had until August 2013 to revalidate but I was wrong I had until 03-04-2013 to do this. I had been building up my 12 hours that summer and was so pissed off when I realised my mistake.
Am I ok to revalidate this at any time once its before 25-08-16, and then have my licence reissued and revalidated at the same time.
Would that be the best thing to do.

Now, to get it revalidated do I have to more or less redo the PPL flight test without any Nav.
Does anyone know off hand the cost involved, and where the best place to do it is. Anyone around Ballyboy/Trim/Abbeyshrule that can certify.

Now secondly:
I had a class 1 Medical from the 25-02-11 that has just expired, 25-02-15 (class 2). CAA Medical
I wasn’t bothered about renewing class 1, just wanted to know at the time would I pass it.
Again does anyone know where I can get this done, I checked the CAA website but I think I have to go up North to get it done, can't find anyone in the South

As far as I know I can no longer have a medical from one country and a licence from another.

Would appreciate any advice.

xpro
Verified User
Verified User

Re: Renewing/Revalidate CAA PPL and Medical

Post by xpro » Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:30 pm

Give NFC in Weston a call. Their current CFI is a CAA examiner and I'm sure he can renew it for you or help you out with your queries. Other then that you can renew your licence in Enniskillen aswell.

Mav
Verified User
Verified User

Re: Renewing/Revalidate CAA PPL and Medical

Post by Mav » Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:39 pm

Thanks Xpro