Florida Flight Training

This is a forum where student pilots can post their questions for more experienced pilots and instructors to answer

Moderator: mark

mrbungle
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by mrbungle »

If commercial flying is what you want to do and if you have the money don't bother going to UL to do Aero and just go and do the integrated or modular course.

You'll waste 4 years of your life, when you would be fully fATPL trained and (possibly) have a job within 3 years.

Do the costing of fees, accomodation and upkeep, drink, drink and drink.

I know which way I'd go if given a second chance.

I did the costing of this on pprune before and reckoned I could have saved my folks about 28k, but then again fees werent quite free back a few yrs ago.

Do the sums, it'd be interesting.....

John_os
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by John_os »

well for the price of the pilots licence it way too expensive. i hope to get a job as an engineer for 3 years then progress onto do my comercial licence. but im just as happy doin engineering as its something i love doing. so now i have both options to mess with

Dutch Roll
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Dutch Roll »

Mr. Bungle the thing is for example in say 5 years lets say jim has a degree in eng. and a CPL with 400hrs and paddy has a cpl and 400hrs,i do think jims chances are much better of getting a job,the way things are going,like the americans!!

mrbungle
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by mrbungle »

In 5 years time he could be fully trained and have 3-4000 hours on JET.

Just a different perspective.
I don't really care, I have a Deg in Prod Eng and an MBA but given a chance at it again, I'd go straight in.

Conor Mc Queen
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Conor Mc Queen »

hi im studying in UL. im a fourth year Aero student and think the course is really handy. can't believe someone's sayin it's hard. The coursework is really interestin and the lectures are really good. all the lecturers would go out of their way to help you. the coffee in stables is the best goin and the aero class is mostly lads, so its good crack.
Aeros do it better

A330
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by A330 »

Ah the stables, good times. I'll swap this sunny weather here in Florida for a pint in the stables right now. :lol:

John_os
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by John_os »

ya any time, you come here and finish the pint here and il take up your life in florida for a few weeks.
Regards

John O'Sullivan

john_os_1@hotmail.com

Leo1
Unverified User
Unverified User

PPL Foreign Schools

Post by Leo1 »

Hey Folks,

Just caught posts re PPL Training in S.A and Florida.. and was hoping you could answer the below....hoping to Start PPL in few weeks but anxious to get the license quickly and start some hour building, so was considering the U.S option..any help/advice you can give would be great..tks

1. Did you have any flying time before you went?
2. Did you have the exams?
3.What was the total Cost all in incl Flights+accom+food etc
4.When is the best time to go?
5.Whats the process like to get everything up and running i.e Visa? do i need any particular forms/docs etc..do the flying school organise this?..What's the Time frame involved?
6. Is there generally many foreign Students doing their PPL's like this?
7. Is it that much cheaper than Irish Clubs/Schools?
8.If you don't obtain PPL in enough time abroad..can you carry those hrs back home to complete in Ireland? or are they a write off?

i'm persuming the lPPL icense is fully acceptable here in Ireland..

tks again

havana_club69
Unverified User
Unverified User

Re: PPL Foreign Schools

Post by havana_club69 »

Leo1 wrote:1. Did you have any flying time before you went?
2. Did you have the exams?
3.What was the total Cost all in incl Flights+accom+food etc
4.When is the best time to go?
5.Whats the process like to get everything up and running i.e Visa? do i need any particular forms/docs etc..do the flying school organise this?..What's the Time frame involved?
6. Is there generally many foreign Students doing their PPL's like this?
7. Is it that much cheaper than Irish Clubs/Schools?
8.If you don't obtain PPL in enough time abroad..can you carry those hrs back home to complete in Ireland? or are they a write off?

i'm persuming the lPPL icense is fully acceptable here in Ireland..

Sorry for hi-jacking your question Leo1 but Im the same situation as you and would like to find out some answers to the above questions aswell.

I finished an IT course in college last year and am working in the discipline for the last while but I know for a fact that this life is not for me. Ive always thought/wanted to be an airline pilot but never gave myself the push or thought Id have the balls to take on a feat and put myself through flight school. Also, in the past couple of years I wasnt sure what way the industry was going to go.

Im amazed by the whole industry and whenever I see a plane I just think to myself "thats what I really wanna do, not in an office 8hrs a day 5 days a week, I wanna be flying"!! I know it sounds like what a child would say but this has really become more and more of an issue for me over the last couple of years.

But now I really am thinking of packing the job in and going for it (I dont want to regret it in years atleast if I give it a ago and fail I can still say I tried). Just wondering if Im mad or should I try and fly a bit in Ireland first?
My ideal choice would be to go to flight school in florida with flyeft and am wondeiring the same as Leo1.

Tnx

Leo1
Unverified User
Unverified User

Flying

Post by Leo1 »

I hear you....i spend half my days staring up at Vapour trails through the office window!

JFH
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by JFH »

q
Last edited by JFH on Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Leo1
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Leo1 »

Cheers, tks for reply JFH...was looking at Flyeft in Florida.. does anyone else have any expierience with this school..good or bad?..are there other schools people can recommend?

JFH
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by JFH »

q
Last edited by JFH on Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

havana_club69
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by havana_club69 »

Cheers JFH, thanks for the answers.

aviateire
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by aviateire »

Leo1 wrote:...was looking at Flyeft in Florida.. does anyone else have any expierience with this school..good or bad?..

Hey Leo1! Yea Ive experience with the above school,really enjoyed my time with them and happy to answer any questions ya have unbiasedly, just send a PM or e-mail!
A pilot is the highest form of life on Earth.....