Feedback - MCC Courses

This is a forum where student pilots can post their questions for more experienced pilots and instructors to answer

Moderator: mark

Yahweh
Unverified User
Unverified User

Feedback - MCC Courses

Post by Yahweh » Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:40 pm

Looking for feedback from anyone who has done mcc courses recently with pathfinders and simtech. How did you find them for course content, structure, quality of instruction and price.

Thks in advance for any info

Yhwh

NAG
Verified User
Verified User

Re: Feedback - MCC Courses

Post by NAG » Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:36 pm

Did mine at Simtech during the middle of last year. Have no complaints at all. The facilities there are top notch but you might want to bring your own lunch as I believe the sandwich van that calls round is a bit pricey. The first three days are supposed to be in the classroom but because the sim was free on the third day, we got out of the classroom after only two days. The sim is just fine. It fixed base so you don't have the motion to distract you from the task at hand, which is communicating, not flying. All of the instructors have thousands and thousands of hours of experience and the majority still fly with major airlines. The price was more than other training organisations but you'll do 28hrs in the sim (if you include the JOC) which I believe is more than you do elsewhere. Plus, they pay for your flights to Dublin, your accommodation and transport to and from the facility.