PPL Exams

This is a forum where student pilots can post their questions for more experienced pilots and instructors to answer

Moderator: mark

LeftSeat
Unverified User
Unverified User

PPL Exams

Post by LeftSeat » Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:24 am

So looks like in going with FlightWise...No reply from EastCoast as yet but ill keep my options open.

I was thinking of doing the exams first then concentrate on the flying...would this be the way to go or would I understand the bools more by flying while I study??

Thanks
Who said a C150 can't wheelie

pplcruiser
Unverified User
Unverified User

Re: PPL Exams

Post by pplcruiser » Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:27 am

Hi LeaftSeat, yes this is the best way, I did a few years instructing out in Florida (now in UK), it made a massive difference to the guys that came out with the 7 exams already passed, you can solely concentrate on the flying and get finished much quicker!!

I can recommend a website - http://www.pplcruiser.co.uk/ , many of the students used this to get through the ground exams quickly before coming out.

Kind Regards

EiMPB
Verified User
Verified User

Re: PPL Exams

Post by EiMPB » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:04 am

Hi Left Seat,

You have to be enrolled in and complete an authorised ground school course before you can take the PPL exams.

My advice is to go out to the school and talk to them to see what they recommend. and I'd also recommend taking a few lessons to see if you actually like it before you go spending any money on the stuff you can do later, such as the SPL, the Medical, books for ground school etc.

Try before you buy!

Just my 2 cents, Cheers,

Marc.