EFT Florida

This is a forum where student pilots can post their questions for more experienced pilots and instructors to answer

Moderator: mark

sk1000
Unverified User
Unverified User

EFT Florida

Post by sk1000 » Thu May 17, 2012 5:06 pm

Hi

I'm doing a bit of research on Flight training in the USA.

I was looking at EFT in Florida and the APP course they offer.

Was just wondering, if anyone on this forum has trained there. what it was like and would they recommend it? why?

I'm currently in the process of looking at different options for Commercial flight training. I am looking at Florida as the weather is suitable, cheap living cost and of course training costs are also lower.

If anyone has any reasons why or why not I shouldn't go this route please do let me know.

Sorry for bringing up this question up again on this forum, I'm sure many of you are sick of it but I'm only doing it to get a more updated answer as Flight schools do change frequently.

Regards
Sk1000

Niallbhoy
Unverified User
Unverified User

Re: EFT Florida

Post by Niallbhoy » Thu May 17, 2012 9:50 pm

Hi Sk1000,
If you are really interested in going the whole way to commercial the best advice i can give you is to go to Atlantic flight training in cork and do there new integrated course. I went through the whole Florida experience and to be honest the level of training and instruction you get there is piss poor and the airlines know this when they go about interviewing/hiring you. I have since done my CPL,MEIR and instructor rating there and cant recommend them enough, and no i dont work there. You could give Allan there CFI a ring on 021-4888737 and he'll talk you through it or you can p.m me.

Niall

JFH
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by JFH » Thu May 17, 2012 11:01 pm

T
Last edited by JFH on Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hotfuzz
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by hotfuzz » Wed May 23, 2012 8:29 pm

Hi

Firstly you need to ask yourself are you going to go Modular or Integrated. If you can get 80-90K together I'd highly recommend going integrated as this is the way alot of airlines seem be looking these days! Then you have to look at where the Airlines are sending their Cadets. There are alot of good schools out there but some have much better relationships with airlines than others. BA are hiring loads of cadets and sending all around the world to places like CTC, Oxford and FTE. These schools are what I would recommend for integrated course. I have had a few friends go through these places and have had no problems getting jobs. FlyBe, Cityjet, Aer Lingus Qatar, Emirates, MEA all use FTE so they have clearly got a good relationship with the Airlines. I also have heard very good things about the quality of students coming out of CTC New Zealand.

With regards to jobs afterwards, the market for pilots is going to pick up pretty quick. there will be a huge demand on pilots within the next 2 years. Lots of major airlines are running Cadetships, BA looking for 800 Pilots!!!! Now is a great time to start training so you will finish just as the big demand kicks in.

Regarding Cork I have no Idea, ask them how many graduates have gotten a job relatively quickly same goes for EFT.

Hope this helps you.
Regards and best of luck

flyingfarmerjo
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by flyingfarmerjo » Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:04 pm

I was at eft florida and ari ben aviator..

Did all my faa training at ari ben aviator.Did my jaa conversion at eft.

Cannot recommend ari ben aviatior enough and eft.The level of training far exceeds here in Ireland/uk.

NAG
Verified User
Verified User

Post by NAG » Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:56 pm

flyingfarmerjo wrote:The level of training far exceeds here in Ireland/uk.
If you're going to make a broad statement like that, I would suggest you back it up with evidence.