Require quote, abinitio to PPL(A)

This is a forum where student pilots can post their questions for more experienced pilots and instructors to answer

Moderator: mark

monohedron
Unverified User
Unverified User

Require quote, abinitio to PPL(A)

Post by monohedron » Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:07 am

Hi,

if you are an instructor or a flight school and offer a course with above outcome please get in contact per email. I'm happy to attend a course at any location in Ireland and can make time for it. I'm interested in starting and finishing this as soon as possible (within reason).
I've tried to get information from schools all over the country and even from England but so far nobody was able to provide a clear statement whether they can provide. If you would like to provide this training and maybe further courses, please drop me a line with a 'house number' and I'll be in contact soonest.

Regards,
Mike

monohedron
Unverified User
Unverified User

Re: Require quote, abinitio to PPL(A)

Post by monohedron » Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:30 pm

So far I received feedback from one club, one school and an one independent pilot. All with valid and useful information, I like to thank you guys. I have now a pretty good idea what needs to happen over the next weeks.

monohedron
Unverified User
Unverified User

Re: Require quote, abinitio to PPL(A)

Post by monohedron » Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:06 pm

Now funny enough this actually sparked a set of very different replies. To give an update on the information that came in so far, three distinct ways have been pointed out to me and discussed, in more detail than I'll put down here.

- Do it in a local club, nice idea if you are willing to spend time on it and probably the nicest/most social way. I'm seriously considering joining a club regardless whether I do the full training with them or not.
- Do it with an Irish flight school, all you need to do is ping them and ask them for their rates. Well I also ask them what makes them stand out. There is a good few schools out there that do reply. It's probably the quickest way, weather permitting.
- Go the UK/US way, on first glimpse probably the cheapest option but has some draw backs (e.g. time spend over in there) but than it also has some advantages.

So over all I'll most likely go with a hybrid solution of joining a local club plus some additional hours in other locations, just to see a little more. Again thanks to all that took the time to answer and good luck to all.