Euro American school of Aviation Florida

This is a forum where student pilots can post their questions for more experienced pilots and instructors to answer

Moderator: mark

sk1000
Unverified User
Unverified User

Euro American school of Aviation Florida

Post by sk1000 » Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:53 pm

Hi

I'm just wondering does anyone know what this school is like in term of facilities as well as quality of training etc?

They are offering JAA 0 to ATPL frozen ( includes JAA ME IR) training for under €30'000.

If anyone who has trained there could let me know what they are like are they trust worthy ect, could you please let me know as I am highly considering going there!

Here is a link http://www.flyeasa.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks!

JFH
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by JFH » Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:27 pm

M
Last edited by JFH on Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

sk1000
Unverified User
Unverified User

Re: Euro American school of Aviation Florida

Post by sk1000 » Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:35 pm

Hi JFH

Thanks for your reply! Thats very encouraging! I done an internet search on them and have been hearing both good and bad so I said Ill ask the question myself on the forum! I will be doing my leaving next year so im trying to find the right school so I can plan everything! Do you know why they are so cheap compared to Irish flying schools? It's just when I saw the price It was too good to be true! :D

JFH
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by JFH » Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:31 pm

M
Last edited by JFH on Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Camroc
Verified User
Verified User

Post by Camroc » Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:11 am

Last edited by Camroc on Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sk1000
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by sk1000 » Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:33 am

Hi JFH & Camroc

I had a look alright before JFH at the multiflight Cadet programme before looks very interesting!!! would you agree with Camroc about easa JFH??

I haven't signed anything yet But if you were to recommend a school in the US that does JAA airline pilot training what school would you recommend Camroc? To be honest I have heard both good and bad rep about them then again I heard that about nearly every school both Home and abroad!

Cheers!
SK1000

Camroc
Verified User
Verified User

Post by Camroc » Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:39 am

Last edited by Camroc on Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sk1000
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by sk1000 » Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:44 am

Okay Thanks for your insight tho!!! Hopefully I'll make the right choice!

Thanks Again
SK100

JFH
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by JFH » Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:11 am

m
Last edited by JFH on Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

sk1000
Unverified User
Unverified User

Re: Euro American school of Aviation Florida or EFT

Post by sk1000 » Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:20 pm

Well I cant see myself doing anything else really! I have always wanted to be an airline pilot! I know that it is almost impossible to borrow money these days but I was told by a bank official that if it is being invested in education then they will give a loan!

Clearly EASA is not the best place to go Would anyone like to recommend European Flight School In Florida?
I have no problems with The Irish schools it just seems lot cheaper over in the USA then it does here. :?

captain slow
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by captain slow » Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:16 pm

Good old Ormond Beach (now known as EASA). They have probably thee most checkered history off any flying school on the internet. Many many disatified as well as satisfied customers. I have flown there and as a School they are not the best by a long shot,you need to be lucky and get a good instructor plus have a good run with aircraft being available. They have old aircraft maintained just enough to be legal but they do develop lots of squawks which ground them frequently.

IF you do get a good instructor plus good weather plus a half decent aircraft you get what it says on the tin.
A licence.
Its no frills and no one holds your hand. If you dont get a good instructor weather etc then you might very well end up a very dissatified customer.

Most just go for the ppl only. Just so you know (and it pays to do your homework in depth!) the multi IR portion of their ATPL is done in the UK. Thats because the rules state that the training for the multi IR has to be done in Europe for the licence. Apparently EASA (the school not the agency) 'organise' this for you. Personally for a ATPL i wouldnt rely on this. Plus for the price they qoute they would require you to pay upfront which is so so so risky i would strongly urge that you only pay for each stage of your training as it arises.
So to summarise a bit you can do your ppl and cpl in the USA either in a faa or JAA school but you must do your MEIR here in europe to qualify for a europe ATPL.

If i may suggest that you complete your PPL either in USA or France. Personally i would pick France for overall cost as you dont have Visa's+ embassy interviews etc that you need for the USA that all cost money and time.
Again pick USA or europe for your CPL and only Europe for your MEIR,but consider this as well,most airlines except ryanair PREFER you to have completed your CPL and MEIR in the same school so choose your scool carefully.
In case anyone asks Ryanair dont really care where you trained or how many different places you trained in as long as you have the correct licences,that you didnt have any serious issues during your training and most importantly that you have the 25k to 30k to pay them to let you fly one of their jets!.

Finally dont get totally got up on the prices the schools qoute. The really cheap places are skimping somewhere,either on aircraft,maintenance,crap pay for their instructors which means a p##sed of intsructor which is not good for you the student,etc etc plus they charge extra for every little thing so the real cost versus the qouted cost can be very different. For instance EASA charge you extra if you dont hit their milestones during your training which may or may not be your fault. Of course they wont volunteer what those milestones are until you are there!! A good school might qoute more money but with good aircraft,good intructors ,good facilites and an interest in you succeeding then you may very well end up paying less overall.Finally do your homework and then some more homework,go to one of the flying training roadshows that are advertised here, ask questions and then some more questions and then some more homework and then and only then part with your money and only part with stage payments never never the total up front.
Unfortunatly flying training has its fair share of cowboys and con artists and indeed there are threads on this forum of people who have been burned with bad schools so do your homework (did i say that already!)

PS If you want to fly commercially get your class1 medical first before you strat trainng for the cpl or even the ppl. If its what you want, go for it,its tough,requires lots of work,a fair bit of money and most of all you must WANT to do it but if you do WANT to do it then its highly rewarding as a career.

GoGoGadgetGoAround
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by GoGoGadgetGoAround » Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:41 am

I went to EASA for the CPL before Christmas, like yourself I read a lot of bad press but the price is what lured me... Got it done in 2 weeks as promised and mysteriously under budget.. I found them to be good, no frills but got what I wanted.

When I did my research I couldn't find a bad word about EFT in Florida, all the others seemed to have lots of bad write ups so might be another option, more expensive but not hugely.

Pay by credit card as this is an insurance policy for you if they go bust, they charge an extra 4% but it's worth it. Also if anyone tells you to pay 30k upfront tell them to sod off, just pay enough to keep yourself in credit, pain in the ass going through bills every few days but it means you're constantly on top of what's going on.

You'll be doing modular with them so no point pushing all your money onto them either. As above defo do class 1 medical first. If you go EASA for PPL I would say try to do as much stuff as you can beforehand ie do RT and CAA PPL exams. Guy called Steve Powell in Enniskillen can do this for you. I just remember any of the lads that struggled with the PPL in EASA was because of the exams, you're completely left on your own with the exams there.. Again with them it has to be CAA not IAA PPL exams. Allow extra time (maybe 5 weeks) and make sure you arrive really early and well prepared before lessons, I seen lads coming in late or missing lessons and the instructors didn't bother with them as they're already overworked. Also, try haggling with them too for discounts.

Get them to send you a copy of the student agreement form before heading over, I have an old copy I can email if you PM me. It's a massive document they spring on lads after they arrive at the school when they know they have them by the short and curlies..!

After that you could do your hour building elsewhere, Air America in Daytona Beach (next to Ormond Beach) were renting a C150 for like $72ph whereas EASA were charging $110...

You can get your ATPLs done for dirt cheap with CATS, think it's £999 not including exam fees but that's way cheaper than most places. Also EASA have teamed up with CATS but your prob better living at home doing them to save money.

Maybe others will disagree but I found EASA grand for CPL. After that a place in Malaga doing MEP & MEIR including flight test fees etc for €13300 last I checked. Quick too, lad I know did it in 6 weeks.

For MCC I know there's a place in the UK that does it for approx £2000 which is the cheapest out there I've heard of.

All the best with it man.
Engine Failure: A condition which occurs when all fuel tanks mysteriously become filled with air

sk1000
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by sk1000 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:07 pm

Hi GogoGadgetgoaround and captain slow

Thanks for your reply!! Really helped alot!
At the moment I am looking at EFT more then EASA as it seems that they have a far better reputation!
Do you think it would be worth my while doing most of my flight training in the US or would I be better off staying at home?

After my leaving Cert my plan is to have my PPL done before I go out ( Just started by the way) then do a post PPL Airline course with EFT and return and do my MEIR in Ireland more then likely Atlantic in Cork and then my MCC or Simtech depending on prices etc!

I would just hope I will be doing the right thing! I'd hate to go out there and realise that the training is of poor quality etc and I would have no way out!

Thanks Again
SK1000

Thanks very much for your reply benefits me alot!