Question, unable to attend Flying Expo this weekend

This is a forum where student pilots can post their questions for more experienced pilots and instructors to answer

Moderator: mark

havana_club69
Unverified User
Unverified User

Question, unable to attend Flying Expo this weekend

Post by havana_club69 »

Just out of curiousity do people believe that I am really missing out on much by not being able to attend the flying expo this year.

I was hoping to go this weekend but unfortunately I am away and can not make it.
I spend alot of time on the forums, talking to pilots and friends in different schools and on FTO web sites so I would say I have a "fair" idea about what is going on.

I am just wondering since I wont be able to attend, will I be at a disadvantage when deciding on a flight school of choice?

Obviously any school that is there is on a PR drive anyway since they want to sell their school as being the best, etc, etc and entice you to sign up.

I know some of the airlines will be presenting but is there anymore information to be gained outside of who they are, the future prospects / growth and typical interview format?

Any views are appreciated

Thanks

KeithT
Unverified User
Unverified User

Re: Question, unable to attend Flying Expo this weekend

Post by KeithT »

havana_club69 wrote:
I am just wondering since I wont be able to attend, will I be at a disadvantage when deciding on a flight school of choice?
Quick and very accurate answer: NO!

GoGoGadgetGoAround
Unverified User
Unverified User

Re: Question, unable to attend Flying Expo this weekend

Post by GoGoGadgetGoAround »

Second that, you're on the ball already so won't really miss out.

I went about 2 years ago and overheard a group of lads being fed complete cr*p by a guy from Gestair. He said they were the best flight school and that they could guarantee jobs with their airline partners. I would have intervened only I was too busy breaking my sh*t laughing! I reckon he'd think twice about putting that into writing.

On the other hand I checked out CTC and they were very upfront, they explained that their holding pool was massive for the CTC Cadets and would be like that for some time. Also said that lads going the APP route wouldn't be placed until the Cadet holding pool was cleared. Your one wasn't a great sales woman but at least she was honest.

You're right, like any trade show it's not the best place for unbiased opinions. You should be able to get all the info you're looking for from different forums, websites, emailing folks etc.
Engine Failure: A condition which occurs when all fuel tanks mysteriously become filled with air