monocular pilot

This is a forum where student pilots can post their questions for more experienced pilots and instructors to answer

Moderator: mark

paulryanmini
Unverified User
Unverified User

monocular pilot

Post by paulryanmini » Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:50 am

hi all
im based in limerick and im classed as having monocular vision. i would like to hear from other pilot in my shoes to see how they went about obtaining a medical. from my research over the last couple of years a IAA medical is impossible but a CAA medical can be issued under certain circumstances. a FAA class 2 should also be no problem to get.
i would be all set to get a FAA PPL but it would be of limited to no use for me here in ireland. so i need a bit of advice in obtaining a CAA medical.

lorax
Unverified User
Unverified User

Re: monocular pilot

Post by lorax » Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:37 pm

Not what you asked for I know, but you will enjoy the biography of sabaru saki, WW2 Ace and Monocular pilot

http://www.amazon.com/Samurai-Saburo-Sa ... 0743412834" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

paulryanmini
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by paulryanmini » Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:25 pm

very good lorax ill ad it to my basket and wait for it to reach €25 for free supersaver delivery :D

paulryanmini
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by paulryanmini » Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:58 pm

update on this
got a faa class 1
and a
caa JAR Class 2

going to uk on a intensive ground school in july and ppl training then in a CAA school in france or spain

mark
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by mark » Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:22 am

Hi Paul,

Congrats on getting the medical and best of luck getting your PPL. I just think it's ironic that both the CAA and the IAA issue medicals based on the same JAR-FCL document and yet there is such a difference between the two. It's a complete joke.

Regards,
Mark

paulryanmini
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by paulryanmini » Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:59 pm

hi mark
it makes no sense and all! i must say the CAA are very accommodating, friendly and efficient. typical Ireland tho :cry: