IAA recruiting student controllers

This is a forum where student pilots can post their questions for more experienced pilots and instructors to answer

Moderator: mark

captain slow
Unverified User
Unverified User

IAA recruiting student controllers

Post by captain slow » Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:32 pm

In case anyone who is interested hasnt spotted it, the IAA are recruiting student controllers.

http://www.iaa.ie/

http://www.iaa.ie/index.jsp?p=126&n=414&a=960

GoGoGadgetAbortLanding
Unverified User
Unverified User

Re: IAA recruiting student controllers

Post by GoGoGadgetAbortLanding » Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:38 am

The first aptitude test was a pieace of p*ss lads...Anyone here who did Honours maths and Physics will ace it 8)

MarBergi
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by MarBergi » Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:43 pm

GoGoGadgetAbortLanding wrote:The first aptitude test was a pieace of p*ss lads...Anyone here who did Honours maths and Physics will ace it 8)
Agreed - tbh it should be easy for anybody with pass maths and any form of mechanical aptitude.

WILCO.XMG
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by WILCO.XMG » Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:29 pm

GoGoGadgetAbortLanding wrote:The first aptitude test was a pieace of p*ss lads...Anyone here who did Honours maths and Physics will ace it 8)
i dont think passing is the problem. more down to the fact that only top 5% will go into the next round.

michael747
Verified User
Verified User

Post by michael747 » Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:11 pm

I have never studied higher level math and never studied physics and i got to the interview last time, and i found it quite easy, as they are......
So there's hope for you who dont have the higher level math and physics
Regards,
M747
:D

Vinnieb1988
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Vinnieb1988 » Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:52 pm

It says you need a valid passport to do the aptitude test on the email i recieved . I cant find mine of course when i need it :cry: anyone no if a driving licence would be of any use or is the passport a necessity?? thanks :)

MarBergi
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by MarBergi » Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:48 am

WILCO.XMG wrote:
i dont think passing is the problem. more down to the fact that only top 5% will go into the next round.
I heard a figure of @700 would get through to the next round. Also having talked to a few other people who did the first round alot of people didnt show up!!
Vinnieb1988 wrote:It says you need a valid passport to do the aptitude test on the email i recieved . I cant find mine of course when i need it :cry: anyone no if a driving licence would be of any use or is the passport a necessity?? thanks :)
Contact the IAA - they will let you know.

Vinnieb1988
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Vinnieb1988 » Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:45 pm

Will do thanks. Many applied this year i wonder?? 1387 applied in 2007!

MarBergi
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by MarBergi » Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:08 pm

Vinnieb1988 wrote:Will do thanks. Many applied this year i wonder?? 1387 applied in 2007!

I've read figures between 4200 and 4500!!!

Vinnieb1988
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Vinnieb1988 » Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:28 am

quote]

I've read figures between 4200 and 4500!!![/quote]
Thats alot so. For anyone who's done the test did they wear a suit, or just jeans and a shirt!?

MarBergi
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by MarBergi » Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:56 am

Vinnieb1988 wrote:quote]
I've read figures between 4200 and 4500!!!
Thats alot so. For anyone who's done the test did they wear a suit, or just jeans and a shirt!?[/quote]

It seems so, but alot of people didnt turn up. At the session I was at the room was only half full, and it had been fully subscribed - not that I'am complaining, less people to compete with.

As for clothes - I wore jeans and a shirt - but saw the whole spectrum, from tracksuits to business suits!! Some people dont seem to understand smart casual!!

GoGoGadgetGoAround
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by GoGoGadgetGoAround » Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:47 pm

Figure was approx 4200, your one there gave an exact figure but can't remember it exactly, 4157 or something.

Wasn't too worried about attire, with that many people they won't remember who wore a tracksuit and who put in the effort with a suit!!

For anyone going for this also think about Eurocontrol, last I checked they're constantly recruiting. They cover accomodation and transport costs (even paid for my Aircoach ticket!!!). Pay is pretty good too.
Engine Failure: A condition which occurs when all fuel tanks mysteriously become filled with air